Resolved Session restarts at pit entry line

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Dec 1, 2017.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    This started happening a few of days ago. Doesn't seem to matter how much time has passed in the session, or what session I'm in. When I pass the pit entry line the session starts over. And when your half way through a race and fought your way from 15th to 6th or 7th, it's really irritating.:mad: I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the update. And I kinda hoped it might go away with the update.:(

Now in practice if I push the pause key and return to the pits, everything is fine. It only happens when I enter the pits from the track, and only at the pit entry line.

I've done a file integrity check and even uninstalled and re-installed the game. And it's still happening
    I've used the rrx 17, gt3 ford gt and the mistral 531 on several different tracks.

I really like doing pit stops in the race. Adds to the realism and can make or break the race for me.

Any suggestions are welcome.

This with another problem in the championship mode, is frustrating enough to push me to DiRT Rally until a solution can be found. :nomouth:

This is still my favorite sim, But....:oops:

Hoping for a solution
    Gregory.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Would you happen to have a video of this happening?

I cant fathom how this would even be possible or what it looks like. And I have never heard of anyone else ever reporting something like this happening.

3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    @GregoryLeo next time it does it finish race etc and post logs , Game.log and MW Transport log sort by date so you get latest ones

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Have you bound a button to “restart” by any chance? It’s at the bottom of the secondary functions list in the control settings.

If you have some key bound there can you unbind and try again?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    here's the files you requested. video coming next I haven't tried unbinding the key yet

Attached Files:

6. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't find a program that would convert my .mov files to a format that this forum recognizes. So no video, yet.
    Just try to imagine pulling into the pits, you cross over the pit speed line, the screen freezes, and suddenly your in the pack at the start/finish line. The clock is back to 30 minutes and crew chief says " ok here we go no fuckups."
    If I switch off mandatory pit stops then I can enter the pits in practice. But still not during the race.

7. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    This is Getting really IRRITATING!!!!
    The races are now restarting randomly
    I've been friendly and patient hoping the devs might have some idea to help. I stopped doing pit stops figuring that would have to do for now.
    But now 10 to 15 minutes into a session the whole thing restarts. It happens in practice and race mode.
    Here are the mwtransport and game logs
    I was not able to unbind the restart key.

Attached Files:

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can unbind the key by clicking on the trash icon in that row.

• Informative Informative x 1