Sessions not automatically advancing in Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John McG, Dec 30, 2020.

1. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Since the December update, I have found that Practice and Quali sessions set up in the Dedicated Server do not automatically advance once the configured session time has finished. It is only Practice and Quali that have this issue as the Race sessions progress correctly.
    Has a bug been introduced since the update, or is there something in the server settings that may affect this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. maulbongo

maulbongo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, same here.
    We have got some Servers running (RRVGT) and every Instance hangs, totally annoying.
    We have to stop the instance and start again manually after each finished race.
    Hope the devs fix this as soon as possible.

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  4. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the pointer to the other thread. The "Stay in practice when session is empty" set to on work for me so that will be the work around until the issue is properly fixed. :)

The other issue I have is that setting a spawn date and time for a server session does not work, I have to manually turn the server on. I am in Singapore which is UTC+8. Is there a work around for this issue?

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    The scheduling feature appears to be buggy as well unfortunately. It didn't work properly when we scheduled two divisions for the same time (only the first server started automatically) and all of our scheduled servers stopped after the first event was completed, they never progressed to the second one. So we'll stick with manual starts for now.

It's a bit complicated, because the devs are not very open about server-side issues and it's hard to reach the right people with these problems.

6. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Just downloaded an update. Hopefully a fix? I have never seen changelogs or similar for the dedi tool.
    Edit: Found some info in the thread linked above.

7. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again.

The scheduler does appear buggy for sure....

8. John McG

John McG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just an update.
    I found today that setting a session (for @Singpore timezone UTC+8) still does not work, but if I hit "CLEAR SCHEDULE" the session starts, the same as hitting "TURN ON SERVER" would do.

I am certainly no programmer, but this suggests to me a fairly easy to fix breakdown of the logic.