Set up tips for fr x-17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nicka117, Sep 8, 2017.

1. nicka117

nicka117 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

Any tips for setting up the FR X17 for Silverstone GP layout?

Thanks in advance!

2. nicka117

nicka117 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Just for giggles, here in attachment is my racing simulator. Now I just need to be able to drive better.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    With that cockpit and rig (amazing job), im afraid to give you setup tips... you might smoke us all ;)

Anyway, here is few tips
    The frx17 setup can be split into 2 areas - slow corners behavior and fast corners behavior.
    Thats because the car is heavy downfoced, and in slow corners the downforce doesnt play a role, only the mechanical grip.

The default setup is heavily prone towards understeer - in fast and slow corners. So in order to move the grip balance toward the front:
    Fast - set the downforce for more front wing. Im usually going for rear wing = front wing - 4 or 5.
    Slow - no downforce effect, only mechanical grip. So changing the front and rear ARB will move the balance as u wish. The softer end will grip more than the harder end. Im usually going to the extreme in that case - full soft front, almost full hard rear.

Another effective balance change is the rideHeight - in this case both the fast and slow behavior will be effected. Raising the rear will move the grip toward the front.

Is the setup meant for races or leaderboard ? (LB means lot of fuel hence heavier car which needs a bit different setup)

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. nicka117

nicka117 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Nirt!

This is mostly for leaderboard so that puts 20gal onboard. At some point Id like to race some but I want to get more competitive first. I doing about 1:30 flat with the default set up at Silverstone GP which is around the middle of the pack and I'd like to peel a couple more seconds off that if possible.