Settings for Asetek Forte wheelbase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazza, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have had the wheelbase for several weeks and can not find settings that I am completely happy with, any one else with the wheelbase base with setting that you could recommend?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I don't have Asetek, but the first thing I would try is turning down all post-effects like damping, inertia, all that stuff. FFB in Raceroom is fully physics-based so it doesn't need a lot of effects on top of that, other than maybe some smoothing/interpolation if FFB feels notchy.

3. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, I have a tiny amount of damping but that's it, it's jot awful but not as informative as other sims:(

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'd say Raceroom FFB doesn't feel awfully entertaining in terms of how much is happening there, but I find it informative enough. Maybe try adding a bit of Bump amplification in the game, increase Minimum force by 1% or 2%, or increase low forces if Asetek software allows it.

5. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    That’s pretty much what I done, just hoping there was a secret sauce:)

6. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Any suggestions to get more feedback on mid corner feel?

7. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
  8. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I find all the cars have similar ffb, in corners I don't feel grip, I just feel weight, like I'm pulling on a rubber band:(
    I've had a good amount of time to mess with the ffb but still can not get a great feel as I do in other sims.
    I've landed on similar settings as other Asetek users, is there anything in the ffb settings file that I should try changing?

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Bump amplification, I think.

For you wheel settings, decrease damping, friction, inertia, smoothing, all that stuff, only leave the minimum necessary amounts so that it doesn't feel choppy.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The thing is, if you are mid corner and everything is loaded up but not at the limit of grip then a constant force is what you should be feeling. Raceroom doesn't have random effects. As maske said, adding some bump amplification can help with "road feel" but it still won't be the overdone effect that say ACC or ams2 has going on.

If however you get into over or understeer you should feel the weight fluctuating more and when oversteering there will be some self centring going on from the steering geometry itself.

Generally the advice is to run as few filters as possible wheelside and only introduce these if you get oscillations or similar.

11. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies, I do get road feel it's only when I'm cornering that the wheelgoes numb, I did try turning up bump amplification, it did add some effects in cornering but it's not really what I am looking for.
    I play a fair amount of RF2 which has a lot of feel in cornering, I guess its just a bit more informative which I personally like:)
    I have no filters at all in my Racerooms wheel setup other than damping which is required to get standing force to work.

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Can you make a screenshot of Asetek wheelbase settings?

I realized that "damping" can mean different features. If I'm not mistaken, FFB guide says to keep damping at 100% implying that if you bring it down to 0% you won't have stationary friction at all. But for example Moza software has several different damping settings and none of them affect stationary friction. I turned them all down to 0%, stationary friction is still there.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  13. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Here is a photo:)

Attached Files:

14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you turn the damping down/off does it feel better..since it's only used when sitting in the pits anyway.

15. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately nothing changes, as I said it is similar with my Simagic wheelbase feel, maybe it's just my expectations.
    I can feel the road ok it's just once the wheel is turned.