Sigh...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theravenousbeast, Jan 30, 2017.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Figured I'd just do a quick race with my favorite cars and record it to show off the new AI...NOPE

After a billion restarts and the same thing happening in different situations, I think I'll just give up on offline racing.

Seriously this player vs AI collision bullshit has been like this for far, far too long. And no, I don't care whether the other cars work well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    True. Nearly every single player/AI collision sends me spinning all over the place and the AI cars just keep going. Very frustrating indeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I agree that all the cars should work properly regarding collisions, but having just spent the last 20 minutes battling the best AI I've ever raced by a mile (g5 at Spa), you're missing out on lots of fun if you don't try 'em. I know it doesn't help with the dtm92s, but it's a paint trading heart pounding dogfight for each and every position with the g5s

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It's not even the different car physics that cause this, it's that thing where you touch wheels with another car. In multiplayer this usually only slows both cars down. In singleplayer, it just sends the player car flying off the track.

Sure you can avoid running side by side with the AI but where's the fun in that?

The most disappointing thing in all of this is that I really like how the AI races (although the stress stuff could be lowered slightly). The second most disappointing thing is that we'll probably have to wait another 2-3 months for this to get fixed.

5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Depends on which class you run, I've found.
    DTM92s and the Aquilas go flying at the slightest knock. TT RS, Gr 5 and the GTR3s are a lot more stable.
    I know, doesn't help in this instance.
    But there's something weird going on with the collision physics, it's almost as if not all of the classes got the memo.

6. theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    The IMSA GTOs are fairly new content and those get spun incredibly easy as well.