Single player Damage, what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clevername, Jul 24, 2015.

1. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Get Real Mode. I've turned on ( I think ) all damage options, but cannot seem to damage the cars. Is damage still a WIP, or am I missing a setting?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's there but you either have to hit a hard obstacle (wall etc) rather hard or multiple times to actually see and feel the effect.
    Below is a slightly damaged Merc, if you continue hitting stuff eventually parts will fall off.
    But more likely you'll damage the engine/gearbox before that.

It's not really sophisticated right now, I agree, could use some revision.

Attached Files:

3. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha. I haven't really been able to damage the cars mechanically much either. I'm pretty hard on the cars, so I guess maybe I should be happy about this :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Mechanical damage differs between classes, there are cars that can take quite a beating before showing it.

Did a mp race in the Radicals last night, which have a very narrow red band anyway, and because I changed the view I hit the limiter on upshifts pretty often. That plus one emergency downshift was enough to give me light engine damage 2 minutes before the race was over.

If you don't already use it grab mr_belowski's CrewChief app from the community workshop (and if you like old school sounds get my soundmod as well ^^). Among all the other things it does (it's really great) once there is damage it will tell you what kind of damage and how severe it is.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0