Problem SLI profile for RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Wacha, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys. I'm in the middle of a series of articles about SLI performance in simracing titles and I can't for the life of me get SLI to work properly in RaceRoom. I know it is not supported, but some people seem to have gotten it to work and have posted their settings. Seems like I'm the only one having absolutely no scaling in this game.

My system is as follows:
    • Intel Core i7 7700K 5.1 GHz
    • Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2
    • 24GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz RAM
    • 2x Asus Strix 1080Ti OC in SLI
    The thing is that at 1440p I think I am limited by my processor and see about 60-70% usage of both cards, which grants me a measly 10% scaling at best over a single card. Upping the resolution to 4K using DSR limits usage to 60% and scales negatively, with flickering issues. Going to 5K makes things even worse and I`m getting just 50% usage and abysmal performance. It's the first time I've seen a title use less GPU power the more you increase resolution. I've tried dozens of profiles to no avail: always the same result, or even worse.

Has anybody got a 1080Ti SLI configuration working in RaceRoom? Someone with a 4K monitor to test if it's DSR causing the issues? Thank you very much. I will obviously give credit to whoever helps me find an aswer in my article.