slow down penalty waiting for a corner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lennyallover, May 1, 2017.

1. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Recently if I'm given a slow down the graphic comes up "slow down penalty 0.? seconds" but I don't slow down, graphic stays up and unchanged until I have to break for a corner. It then rises quickly until you accelerate. then it gives you your slow down at the newly adjusted figure usually 1.4 - 2.4 seconds (parabolica at Monza over 4 ). Is this deliberate or has the update thrown up a glitch?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Deliberate , slow down penalties dont kick in until you hit the brakes now

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    So the slow down don't kick when you're full throttle exiting the turn, as it was a good way to loose control. :)

4. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    So you don't get the awarded time penalty but the one with your breaking time added which of course depends on the next corner. Seems a little haphazard, suppose that's apt for an on track slow down penalty in a racing sim...oh hang on, you know I don't think there is a single real life racing event where someone has thought " on track slow downs, they'll work" . I was going to say it was dumb of the games' dev's but that'd be rude so I'll go with an innovative, if time consuming, way of confirming what not to do. Nothing but love for you guys btw, game's great making it greater is on you

5. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Can't you break a short time to trigger the slow down immediately?

6. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    yes, but it isn´t a good idea in many situations. The new system gives you the chance to do your penalty when you are not going to get rammed off track immediately ;) you can move off the racing line, and then do your penalty or if you time it well, in a corner, where you´d need to brake anyway (which actually is kinda cheating, isn´t it? )

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you can always turn them off !!!!!!!!

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm OK with the new system, I didn't have much occasions to test it, but before that patch there was some cases where I lost control cause of immediate slow down, so immediate loss of traction in a turn exit... :confused::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That was informative... didn't really noticed that change but wondered some times that it the penalty react different to what I was used to...

10. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    now that I know it's deliberate it hasn't taken much to get to grips with, yes it's much better than it was ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  11. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    If you brake or change down the time you serve for the slow down increases, a blip of the brakes starts the timer but to keep it reducing you have to be back on the gas. Even if down to 0.1 sec, you brake and it'll shoot up to at least 0.5 even lifting off will cause it to rise