Slow down penalty's?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NL-Jos, May 23, 2018.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Best @Georg Ortner.
    I hope that i May the next question to you.
    If not, sorry for wasting your time
    The idea of the slow down penalty's is good but in the game gives it a lot of troubles (it's my opinion and you read about some problem by other people who have it also)
    Is it an idea that we can set in the dedi server that you must solved the slow down as the way it is now or you will get the (Total) time of the slow down(s) after the race as an time penalty.
    Maybe with the option that the time penalty a driver have is showing by his name obove the car
    Just like the ping or push to pass
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Never understood how these work, yesterday i got a 0.6 sec slowdown at road america for running wide, immediately came right off the gas, lost 5 positions in the 2.2 seconds it took to clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    r
    Also for that reason to i wrote my idea o_O

4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    What I find frustrating is that the AI doesn’t get penalised

• Like Like x 1
  5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

I find this to be a terrible idea for most online racing. If you are behind the person who goes wide you likely will not be able to pass as they come back and often will likely even have to slow down to avoid. This prevents or delays you from your over-all race. Being awarded a position at the end makes sense in motor racing (sometimes) because there are judges reviewing it. Even in F1 if the judges see an infraction a lap or two later they will tell the offending car they need to give back the position if there was a pass or a stop and go/drive thru penalty if the time was too great and a race advantage was made.

Currently the system in RaceRoom cannot be working as intended. As mentioned, you might come back on track and give up throttle and position and the count down timer will not start.

There is a German server (usually red bull track/GT3) that just gives you a stop and go penalty for going out. I find it immensely entertaining that the race may start with 25+ people and by lap 4 there are literally 5-7 people left as they get disqualified for not going in for their stop and go. It sadly shows the over all players need more practice with fair race craft. But that's what leagues and SRS are for...

NathanW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Interesting but probably wouldn't work as intended. If you gain 0.4 in one turn it can grow to seconds in a lap time. It would become profitable to cut some corners. But slow downs need to be looked at. Right now serving a penalty make you loose more time compared to opponents than the penalty would indicate. Also forced slowdown can make you spin if it triggers mid corner(spoon curve at suzuka for ex .)

• Agree Agree x 1