Slow R3E day...Zolder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, Jun 23, 2016.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    So not much going on here today, thought id mention Circuit Zolder.

It was one I never liked. Hated it at first, I had a really hard time learning the track and even after i thought i'd learned it i still really was not running it correctly. Then it was just OK at best - i never noticed anything special about it.

Tried it last night in a single player championship race in DTM92 BMW. Whoa! Not sure how I missed it before but that's a really well done track. Lots of fantastic scenery, buildings, trees, windwills, etc. And of course knowing the track and just driving better in general I enjoy driving Zolder now - similar to Moscow in that regard, except Moscow does not have the same great scenery.

Zolder is pretty darn good....if it was released new I'd be impressed I think.

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    One of those great old tracks that oozes history.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Zolder and Zanvort are 2 of my favorite tracks. Easy to learn, very hard to get fast at. DTM 92, GTO, Group5 are all big winners at this track, though they all work well here.

Rich

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Zolder has always been my favourite track in any sim that had it. I used to live about half an hour's drive away from the track and saw quite a few historic grand prix and 24h races there. I know the track well (from a spectator pov) and the R3E version is the best I've seen in a sim so far.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much my experience with Zolder and Zandvoort aswell, amazing tracks with the right combination but it took me the longest time to actually learn to like'em.

• Like Like x 2
  6. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Ford capri, frj + zolder ... love this combo

• Like Like x 1
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played in ages (moved, no place for the wheel yo) but damn, I want to drive Zolder in the Taatus formula car.

I don't own the formula car (yet) but they look like they'd go together well.

• Agree Agree x 1