So let's talk BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stickdeath1980, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Greeting's i have a few questions about the Default Setup
    I have a Racing league every month on Bathurst and we run Default Setup and have noticed that the BMW M6 just struggle's to even make a competitive time.
    The car's that are completely in there own league with Default Setup's
    -Mercedes
    -Porsche 911 R
    -Callaway Corvette C7
    -McLaren 650S Expect on Conrod lol
    These car's all average 2.05's around the mountain even hitting 2.04's

The car's that stuggle
    -BMW M6
    -Audi R8 LMS
    BMW for the life of me i cannot even get near a 2.05 averging a lap time of 2.06 at best.
    And Audi just not even keeping up at all.

When was the last BOP on these car's? and i really hate seeing Mercedes at the front all the time.

To finsh lap time's where doing around here should be about 2.03's 2.04's at best with a default
    set up thank you Please add what you think also ( and don't say i need to learn the track either) Also to add i know saying this But in iracing (don't ban me ) lol i'd get easyly 2.04's 2.03's in the BMW on a default set up

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I would imagine default setup in one car suits "that" car more than default setup in another car does, they are default setups to make the cars drivable for everyone and every controller, without a little tweaking there is bound to be a time diff over the range of cars.

3. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    The BoP on these cars is actually amazing, the problem with them is that the BoP is not for the default setup. The BoP is done based on what the 'ultimate pace' of every car is, especially since lowering the rear wing makes a huge difference in laptime, the default setups are very different compared to the best possible laptimes

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i have no proplem with normal set up's at all but when you race default set up's those one's i pointed out are mile's ahead.
    Shouldn't all GT3 car's be some what equal in lap time's?
    Not one mile's ahead of the other's make's for lame racing

5. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    You simply cannot BOP cars on a default setup since 100% of people that would be competing at "high" levels in leagues esports ect will not be anywhere near a default setup. If that was the case then there would no doubt be 1-3 clear cars that are miles faster than anything else at their optimum pace so every race/league would have nothing but the same cars. It's kinda like that right now, but that's down to how easy a car is to drive at the optimum pace and not how much faster that pace is over other cars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    make's sense but why are the 2 main stable's in GT3 racing in 2018 so far behind? Audi and BMW?

7. Connor

Connor Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    They aren’t, they may be to you. But trust me they aren’t. The BMW is a weird one since it’s insanely unstable on low wing, I did a 1.5hr race at spa in it and came 3rd running it on default wing. So it can compete. It actually doesn’t loose any real top speed running default wing as well. The R8 is really quick as well. It’s a total pain in the arse on kerbs but other than that it’s really fast. So it may just come down to your driving style and or setups ect

8. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    We have a few tester's with us in our league and they acutally stay away from Audi and BMW the lastest one's.
    they roll with Mercedes & Porsche mostly.
    But it show's because me and another guy whom love BMW really struggling to even break 2.05's 2.04's and he's freaken fast like always at the front but in that just stuggle's.
    But yeah i get everyone's point thanks

9. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Never good idea imo to run fixed setups on mutli manufacture cars , better for Nsu or Bmw 235 or same make car then makes it even field

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I will try to give a short answer on this topic about BOP on the GT3 cars. :rolleyes:
    I'v driven the AMG GT3 from the start in R3E and I love the cars handling because it suits my driving style. I'm far from the fastest in any simracing game but I guess I can hold my own when it counts in the longer races (+45min) After nearly 1 year I wanted (or needed) something new to get that "buzz" when you manage to keep up with (or even win if I was lucky) some of the faster guys in leagues and series I participate in. I chose the Audi R8 LMS and it is a different driving experience. After 1-2 hours of struggle trying to do the same lap times I managed in the AMG (remember I'v had a full year of racing in the AMG) I changed my approach on how to setup the car to make it behave as I wanted and started to drive it with the default setup and changed my driving to fit the cars behaviour instead ... boom ... I was just as fast in the Audi as in the AMG (or atleast very close) So the Audi R8 are now my next car to use in leagues and series I race in. I just did the AVIA competition here in R3E with the M6 (avaliable 2 more weeks) and with the same approach I was nearly as fast as I am around Hockenheim in the Audi or the AMG after only 20-30 min. If I given it another 1,5-2 hours and some slight tweaks to the car I am sure I would be just as fast in the M6 as with the other 2 cars I know. I just have to change my mindset on how to drive the damn car fast... find it's weak and strong points and use those on the track at hand. Some cars will natuarly be faster than other cars on a speccific track but overall in a league if you are forced to drive the same car, the points will be very close in the end of the series as long as the driving standards are equal :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018