Resolved SOLVED: Mouse stutter in-game menus

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by heavelyz, Dec 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. heavelyz

heavelyz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Running raceroom, simhub and crewchief on a HP Envy laptop with motherboard graphics only. System is quite limited but runs those items and other non-killable services mostly fine. Laptop is connected by bluetooth to headset and mouse.

This is intermittent (50% of time) but in game menus, mouse stutters - i.e. move mouse, no response, move it again, mouse moves twice....difficult to hover over target because of this.

This occurs to such an extent that i'm at risk of missing multiplayer starts, because it can take about a minute to get the mouse to hover over the "Drive" button.
    Disconnecting the headset does nothing to fix, reducing any other service load on CPU/ RAM does nothing to fix.

Tellingly, whilst in game... modifying the Simhub overlay mouse works fine, ALT+TAB to desktop makes the mouse work fine, whilst on the desktop opening a browser mouse still works fine, use the STeam overlay in game improves the mouse response, using the Steam web browser in game and mouse is fixed fine, but return to game menus and mouse stutters again.

Have searched but can't find same issue.
    Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. heavelyz

heavelyz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    On further testing I have managed to replicate the issue outside of the game, so marking this resolved for now.