Some Indycar (cockpit) questions.

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Navigator, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Since I long time, I started up the computer again, started RR up and tried the Indycar.
    I never was really into what means what, but now, I probably am......
    When I scroll through the dash of the car, there is a line with this:
    0K F46 E17 C2 TR09

Now I got the first two of them; speed and fuel left.
    The E value, gets lower when you drive and when you alter the engine setting (the power I mean) it alters somewhat, but not always.......
    C2 may be the tire compound? I just now realise I didn't try that one out.
    And the last; TR09 I have no clue!

I was looking for a line that gave me the proper engine mode setting, but there doesn't seem to be one.
    Also; the "push to pass" I can't find and hitting the button, doesn't seem to do that much?
    You do have to keep it pushed, right?

And then some other things that made me wonder of I'm stupid or those are just flaws in the system;
    - when I alter the seat position, I get the seat right in front of me......not making me able to see anything. I unchecked the box that says if you want to see the seat. So, for me, it doesn't seem to work, is that correct?
    - also the clutch; I set manual gearbox and no automatic clutch; still the car doesn't stall and drive off nicely when I don't use the clutch when standing still and driving off.

So, does anyone have some ideas on these things?
    Thanks in advance!

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    E17 should mean that you've got fuel for an estimated 17 laps left. TR is the remaining time in minutes, it's probably capped at 9 minutes to go.

You only have to press the P2P button once, it's automatically activated for a few seconds then.

I don't think you're seeing the seat there, it's probably the driver model that appears when you move the camera too much back. You could try disabling the driver arms (Wheel only).

I think the automatic clutch only comes into effect when you use cars that actually have a clutch pedal. The FR-US doesn't have that so manually using the clutch isn't needed there in any case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Estimated laps left! Off course!
    Haha, thanks mate, that makes totally sense.

The seat; indeed, its not. Now you mention it; its the Hans system I see, with the two small belts at the sides.

Thank you for your answers and your time mate, very much appreciated!!