Some kind of regual newsletter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by y2kfred, Jan 31, 2019.

1. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently playing 2 sims,
    RR and rf2
    In my opinion the two companies have a total different way to inform their community "what's going on".
    Sector3 works with short term surprises.
    I prefer the Studio 397 way: a monthy newsletter with a more detailed forcast of the next month and a rough forcast for the next quarter.
    Is it possible to set up such a thing for Sector3/KW?
    Maybe it could include
    - Content (cars, tracks, liveries)
    - Leagues and Events
    - Engine / UI / Menuefeatures
    - Community (3rd party Tools, Workshops)

This can also be an easier way for beginners to dive into the sim.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to create the same topic :D Lately, the lack of information about RR's direction mildly annoys me

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I'd say a great idea! The question is whether Sector3 has enough manpower and resources to keep up with the monthly updates or not?

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    There was or may still be a newsletter that you subscribed to, not sure if it is still going i unsubbed a long time ago but used to receive regular email updates n stuff.

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I still get an email every once in a while but they dont usually contain what freds asking for. Those usually contain "content x has been released", "some sale" and occasionally something about the esports series

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I wouldnt use s397 newsletters as example, too much delay with most things or announced too early. "a rough forcast for the next quarter." i hoped you meant quarter of century
    Having content announced as its ready or close to release is a breath of fresh air and about long term stuff: we know about whole gtr3/ue4 port thing

7. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Love your picture!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    With info I 've already known, content I already bought, events I wasn't interested in.....:)

9. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    o_O

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I've always found news letters a waste of time, you tend to know what ever is written in the letter before you actually get it, but if it contained stuff like what the Devs had done, so ie if they have announced a new track or car, maybe explaining what they had to do to get to that point might be a interesting read.

• Like Like x 1
  11. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Telling us that the new UI is being worked on and should enter a private beta soon every single month for 2 years isn't exactly a "detailed forecast". :p

I'll be happy if we had regular video streams from JF and Alex about stuff being worked on, like JF talked about a few months ago, but priorities often change and sometimes Sector 3 doesn't even have a say in the matter, so I guess it must be complicated to commit with these kind of things.

12. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I think the better name should be "Dev diary", that's what I really miss - what is S3 working on.

What's planed with:
    - Engine
    - Basic game features
    - Physics updates for existing cars

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    As usual I am responsible for all evil and I send this newsletter to you :)

The main purpose for the newsletter is to inform our more casual players about game updates, new content, sales and competition. You have to see - not everyone is following our footsteps so closely like you guys do here in the forums. So for you guys it doesn't really contain much relevant information, because you know it already. But to be honest, you are already in the right place to get some top secret info, here in the forums.

Should we maybe provide some more background information? Yes, absolutely. So far our team is super busy actually developing new content and features. So there is not so much time to present it in an attractive way. But it's something that is noted for sure.

Should we make some more promises and announce everything earlier? No, I don't think so. I remember the old "soon™" days where everyone was super angry about this KTM on the loading screen. Motorsport and gaming industry are two crazy fields and when you combine them, you just have to face delays, changed priorities, sudden changes. We don't want to promise you guys things that we cannot hold. So we will stay a little bit more tight lipped about upcoming features.

If you want to receive the newsletter, go to the RaceRoom Portal (or game.raceroom.com), then at the top there is a field called Account. Go on Account Settings and tick the box to receive the newsletter.

• Like Like x 6
  14. BBKing212

BBKing212 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    To my knowledge devs are reporting what they are doing. Maybe not in detail and in one place aka blog.
    Still i rather see that they focus on their work and communication here on forum than writing in details what are they working on. And also some of you are relentless regarding the info. I remember not so long ago when devs announced the update and they had to postpone it several times because of newly found issues. You were bashing on them like 5 years old kids...

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If the left hand knew what the right was doing, this could become a reality but with the swift priority changes that Raceroom can sometimes demand, I don't think S3 want to disappoint anyone. There has been talk of a regular stream but it appears JF suffers in front of the cameras, wets his pants apparently! :rolleyes:

* Gotta learn to type quicker!

16. BBKing212

BBKing212 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    So do I ;)

17. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    So, Robert, lets talk secrets, whaddya know?

18. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
  19. Pales

Pales New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    FYI.

Whilst Studio397 provide a monthly roadmap, it is mostly insignificant and completely meaningless.The UI (previously scheduled for a 2017 Q4 release) has been delayed until 2019 and the core gameplay remains completely untouched. The majority of updates are just "we're working on this" and have no sense of satisfaction.

The way Raceroom handle things currently is above and beyond Studio397. A developer response on this forum is more than you would get at RF2.

• Agree Agree x 2