Some odd reactions RR physics.

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Doug Spinster, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    A interesting note if this is a problem, I too had experienced the same as quoted below from one of our Team Drivers.

Event: GTR3, Paul Ricard Solution 1A

2. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Added Note, we both were driving
    Porsche 911 GT3 R
    Porsche 911 GT3 R(2019)

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Tbh I've never understood this. The comment sounds like it's some sort of first impression of a driver, right? Why do we always have to assume that just because something works differently, it must be certainly flawed in some way?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Is that your impression about people. I post a comment for some information. Unless you have some concrete answer to my post you then nothing more then a troll

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Calling someone a troll for having an opinion is really, really helpful and constructive. Practice what you preach bud. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Balrog

I realize that I was wrong and I'm sorry for my presentation and the aggressive tone I used. And I'm sure you must feel frustrated, especially as you had great points to share.

If there's anything I can do to make this up to you, please do ask.

My sincere apologies

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I think this needs some more context.
    For example, who's the driver, against what are they comparing, did they do 10,000 laps or 1, was the setup changed, etc etc?

8. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hello Alex

My self I always figure it was just how I drive over many years, but yesterday when Taner posted after our event the quote I posted above then maybe it wasn't just me. Taner is a Class (B) license driver on our team with R3E and thought I check it out.
    I am not sure what you mean compare to, do you mean a fixed setup? If so that we will do compare it against that.

We are creating a new team to race in the RaceRoom Competitions, I wouldn't bother anyone with the questions, but in our case it is an important question to understand and compensate to race better. I believe.

Thank you.

9. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Well the cars you're referring to, Porsches have the most rearwardly-biased weight distribution of all of the GT3s by some margin. That's due to the engine position, which is behind the rear wheels, not over or infront-of as with all other mid-engined GT3s. This gives them high moment of inertia which has a pendulum effect once the car starts to spin, making correction once a certain slip angle is reached, impossible. It feels to me like that's what you're experiencing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1