Some of GT3 cars have poor grip since recent update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RWB 3vil, Feb 4, 2020.

1. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Took a few months off. Came back recently after hearing about a big tire and physics update, and earlier today i gave the Gt3s a go. I hated it.

The Nissan was screeching its tyres everywhere and it felt like the tyres were really really cold all the time especially on slow corners. I found it hard no to get a full back end sticking out when braking hard. Track i was on: Mount Panorama

McLaren 650 felt bad too, similar to the Nissan. Track I was in: Mid Ohio

The Audi and the m5 felt better on the nords but still not what it was like last year. I haven't tried any other GT3s. I dont want to.

Rest of the update feels great, the changes to my TMaster TX458 were a pleasant surprise.

edit: just to add everything was default ( deleted whole SImbin folder in My documents after patch installed)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    not sure i can confirm this especially with the mclaren , ive been spending a lot of time in it and finding it really good grip wise , i think the major difference now is that there is no longer the possibility to throw cars in the corners and expect endless grip , they will slide and so its about balancing them around the track now

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Agree the 650 is a decent car. Reception of the gt3 physics since December has been very positive.

4. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Mclaren 650s hasnt bothered me that much. It is slightly down on performance compared to the Porsche, Audi and BMW M6 from my experience. Nissan GTR i definitely agree but i heard its an old GT3 car and as such isnt rocking the latest tech.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible to get a full list of the BOP changes to GT3 cars, assuming that the weight penalties for the AMG and 911 were not the only modifications made?

6. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    OK so after noticing the new Thrustmaster TX preset defaults to 30% steering rack, which is what it was when i tried the GT3s, i put it back to the old default of 100% and these cars feel much much more controllable. In fact all the cars Ive raced since putting it to 100% feel superb.

At 30% the wheel felt muddy and would make the car feel too light over bumps and humps then get suddenly stiff and heavy when the grip came back and i couldnt control the car precisely.

The Nissan feels much better at 100% Steering Rack. Apologies for any confusion.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020