Problem Soo slow in a straight line

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Badders46, May 5, 2017.

1. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

So I have discovered that when racing wtcc 2016, I am so slow! This is mainly in a straight line, against both ai and online... I have driven both the civic and volvo and same thing... gearing has been both locked and default too...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. jacall11

jacall11 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    have you lowered the rear wing setting?

3. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I haven't changed the setup too much... definitely not the rear wing. Should I try that? I have just played with the antiroll bar, springs and rebounds to try and get it turning how I like...

4. jacall11

jacall11 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    lowering the rear wing will have the most impact on straight line speed but obviously there is a trade off in that you could loose stability in corners.

5. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... it is very odd. I have raced dtm quite a bit recently and didn't have a problem there. I never had a problem with etc 2015 but with 2016 I am a sitting duck. Even using slip stream I lose ground!

6. Fernando Longa

Fernando Longa New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys, excuse me my english... I have a problem in my profile... I did a offline championship WTCC 2014, but non appear nothing in my statistics in my profile... Any idea what it can to be?...Thank you very much in advance!!

7. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I read a post with similar problem. It this case it was his throttle pedal that did not go 100%. Worth a check..

8. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Boskapongen...I did wonder that too and checked in control settings and on the input scale it definitely went to 100% but I will double check everything. It just makes no sense :-( in the corners I was fine, come any straight and I was like a brick...

9. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Also check your brake pedal - it might be flickering from 0 to 5% or so. You won't notice in the corners but on the straight it's a killer.

I had this problem with my g27 - see recent thread in Hardware section.

10. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    OK thanks... I will have a look at this too! Throttle seems to go to 100% on the calibration and on rs dash so don't think that is the problem...

11. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    You could try to set a deadzone for your brake pedal for some percentage. That will rule out any influence of a less exact or "loose" potentiometer. And a thing to remember with pedals with potentiometers, they will wear. And the more the pedals are used, the faster the potentiometers wear. And it ain't a bad thing, it's just the way it is. Therefore are deadzones (and for setting the limits for loadcells, but usually thats done in it's drivers).

12. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    OK cool... thanks ever so much! I will have a look at this!