Spectators are good news, timing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ian Robinson, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was on RaceRoom yesterday (Hockenheim), and there were stands with a number of spectators in them. They're usually empty. I think I happened to get onto a trial version of the game, as it was very jerky. Spectators are good news. When are you planning to add spectators?

Another thing, I've asked for this before and you've done something about it since, but the lap timers and sector timers are still on way too short. The timers - all of them - should be on for at least five seconds on the straight sections.

Thanks, Ian

2. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've just been on RaceRoom Hockenheim again, and the flow is jerky.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    spectators depend on your graphic settings and on the race session , so maybe you changed your settings , thus adding the spectators and causing the frame rate drop (jerky)

As for the lap /sector timers they for me are intrusive enough , install crew chief and he tells you , also an android or alike app on a tablet or phone will give you that info ... there are also many other apps on this forum that you can download that will give you this

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi I didn't change any settings. I'll look for those apps.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It can very rarely happen that the graphics settings get screwed up by an update, so it's worth checking the advanced graphics options. I agree with Andi, it sounds a lot like some setting got changed and now eats a bit more power, resulting in the jerkiness.
    If you didn't have spectators before and now they are there, that indicates that the track level of detail setting was raised. Afaik on low there are no spectators, anything above will have (some of) 'em.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  7. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0