Bug Start delay for one driver

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by voronov92, Jun 9, 2016.

1. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys! I have some not typical problem. When all of the drivers starting the race, one of them still watching on start lights. This problem repeats twice with the same driver. He's no lagger, he had normal ping and in all other situations he looks normal. Here's a video of this situation(Mortara's Audi):

What can i do in this situation? Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    avoid.

avoiding stallers is an important part of race starts.

3. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    that's all? driver must start in 5 seconds after all the rest drivers? You don't understand me. He not just missed the start. He didn't start because the game not allowed. His start lights working with nearly 5 sec delay.

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Do you have access to his game.log file from this session or are you able to get him to send it to us? We'd like to have a look at it to see whether we can find anything that tells us why the start lights were still being shown to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    of course.
    By the way, when other driver crashed into him, the game gave him drive through for jumping the start

Attached Files:

6. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    excuse me, did you watch this logs?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's Sunday, nobody's at the office.
    Please be a little more patient, Hannes will get back to you when he had a look at those logs.

8. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    no problem , I just wanted to remind. Thank you.

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess that @Hannes Wallstedt and the other Devs are already waiting for the logs if not already looked at them. The Problem that your friend had, was a very nasty bug in the past and happend to quite alot users... since some month the Bug seems to be corrected, but as your friend noticed it seems to happen again from time to time...

10. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    You were in the same session I assume?
    Could you send your MWTransport.log and Game.log from the same session so I have something to compare to?

• Like Like x 1
  11. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes, of course. I also can get server logs, if you need it.

Attached Files:

12. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    @voronov92

Thx for your effort, that help alot the devs!

• Like Like x 1
  13. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome! Thank you guys for such support!

14. Chris Shepherd

Chris Shepherd New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This happened to me yesterday. The lights were in sync with everybody else, 1st gear engaged but when the lights went green the car did not move. Revs just went sky high. It was when I shifted into 2nd gear that the car moved. I have seen this before but never happened to me. Just another problem amongst many with this great looking game I suppose. Such a shame. :(

15. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yes, server logs would be very nice thanks.

We've had a look and compared now. Can't find anything definite although we noticed the strange fact that the server events such as Race start occur roughly two minutes apart. The computer's local time is used to note when events occur, so at least one of your guy's computers is running about 2 and a half minutes wrong. The programmer that looked at this with me doesn't believe that this is a likely cause of the issue though.

Are any of you running overclocked hardware by any chance? If so, could you try running without using the overclock?

This doesn't sound like exactly the same issue. The other player was actually stuck watching the lights.

16. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    here you are.

Attached Files:

17. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Guys, could it be a problem with the server or server settings? We have a race in next few days, may be better to change server? or the issue not depend on it?

18. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Can't find any indication in the logs that this is dependent on the server.
    I've looked and compared the client logs to the server logs now, and while there unfortunately isn't any clear cause we can at least see the following:

• Both clients receive the same instructions from the server regarding how long they're supposed to wait for the lights.
    • Messages to the client that is experience this problem appear to be delayed. From the countdown signal from the server, this client has a gap of 10.212 seconds until the signal for Race Start. For the other client the gap is 7.944. So roughly a delay of two seconds.
    • The System clock of the client that is experiencing this problem seems to be a couple of minutes off from the system clock of the server and the other client.
    While it is possible that this specific server is causing issues for this player, it is also possible that there is either something with his computer or internet connection that is causing these delays. He should try and make sure that he is not overclocking his CPU, check that his router isn't blocking or slowing down communications as well as checking if other programs are using his network.

19. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Not sure we had the exact same issue or not but here's what happened to me weeks ago...

The entire grid obviously got the green because everyone got going before my lights changed. I was puzzled but to cautious to risk a false start. I would guess I was 2 to 3 seconds out of sync with the rest of the grid... approx. 20 to 24 drivers.

Sorry I can't offer helpful info. simply wanted to state that it happened to me once. Crew Chief app synced with the late light change FWIW.