Question Steam-Controller: Not recognized by R3E

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Benny7881, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,

a friend of mine just downloaded the game and started it but he wasn´t able to get the Steam-Controller working in-game.

Did anybody got a experience with that ? Due to that i do not own such a controller i can not help my mate in any way.

THX for your response.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, haven't got one of those either, but if it's listed in the Windows devices list as a controller I would assume it should work. Of course there's no official profile for it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work nonetheless.
    Has he tried emptying the folder that contains the controller profiles (C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet), plugging in the gamepad and then starting the game? It should ask him to create a profile for his device and there he should make sure to chose gamepad as the type of controller.

If it doesn't do this, has he tried customizing the default profile? Just activate the default profile, go to primary options, double click any value (throttle f.e.) so it says "press any key" and then pressing a button on the gamepad?
    If it works as normal and recognizes the input a new profile should be created this way and then all he'd need to do is assign all the buttons he wants/needs to use.

EDIT: Also it's maybe best to make sure it's the only controller that's connected, in case he has another gamepad.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  3. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,

thx for your reply.

He hasn´t deleted the ControlSet folder yet but i will tell him to give it a try. By using the Steam Controller he is not able to assign any functions or keys to the controller. Other games (pCars for example or Rocket-League) are working fine. Will keep you updated :)

• Like Like x 1