Question Steam Install - Moving RRE files from one drive to another

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ObySan, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey all RaceRoomers,

I got a message that I ran out of disk space on my small SSD for the 6.5GB Nov patch. I moved my files to my D: drive. Problem is after I moved file and deleted local content within steam when I go to Install the game again under the new SteamLibrary/common file it told me to create the game does not recognize / see the files are already in that D: file I created. RaceRoom always wants to re-download the entire game but its already been copied and is sitting in the new folder .

Any Ideas ?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Check this file C:\Users\abc\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\GameInstallDir.ini and enter the new path of your install directory.

3. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    heres what is reads :

GameInstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game

Its the wrong folder that I am trying to point Steam to . I have the game put on D: already but steam cant seem to recognize its already there.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, now you put that new location in the file instead of the old one and save the file. Then start steam and see if it now finds the data.

5. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'll give it a shot thanks Christian.

6. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    TBH Christian when I wrote this the Steam re-download was halfways done so I just let it finish and the game seems to be working fine again. Deleted previous version of files. Someone may glean some info from your advice however. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh well, as long as it's working again.