steering animation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leper Messiah, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I know the hardcores will be poopooing the use of the onscreen wheel, but I like it! Well I just did an hours test driving some content (new IMSA GTO's , FRR Junior, various WTCCs and (the point of the thread) the Audi TT. I noticed that the hand animation on the TT was MUCH better then the others, Why is there a difference and could all cars have the better animation, it looked like instead of just 90 degrees left and right it was close to 180 degrees.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I think they will be working their way through all the cars, or atleast I hope so, because it is far better with the 180°.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I really hope so too as it looks awesome, I do like the full animations of PCARS,AC and RF2 but you get the weird cross over animation issues, 180° is a good compromise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to resurrect this thread, I REALLY want to know how feasible it is for older car animations to be upgraded to the "better" animations like the Audi TT cup car and the Bentley. The old animations just look so awful to me especially after racing in Pcars/AC and RF2. Is there a chance I could get a response from a Dev, is it possible or will it be too little ROI to bother with (which would be a real shame IMO)? Not asking for FULL animation like in the other games I mentioned, just the "extra" bit we get with the newer cars, it's VERY rare that I steer past that point anyway, but I often steer past the point the animation stops in the older cars.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Well that's not cars that I have but I hope so and I hope all get it eventually.