Problem Steering lock doesn't work for direct drive wheels?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by thewanted, Jan 30, 2017.

1. thewanted

thewanted New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,

Has anyone managed to get the steering lock/soft lock to work for direct drive wheels? My Bodnar 53 wheel is configured to 900 degrees of rotation, and the soft lock in iRacing and Assetto Corsa works perfectly. However, in R3E the soft lock doesn't work although I am pretty sure it did for my Thrustmaster T300.

Is this a known issue with direct drive wheels since the degrees of rotation are configured outside of "Game Controllers" in Windows?

2. Pascal_DP

Pascal_DP New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi, don't know if it's still relevant, but you can get it configured by copying these lines to the steering_wheels.xml file under the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General folder

<key type="uint32">573775314</key> <!-- Steering Wheel -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">false</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <overrideDeviceType type="int">2</overrideDeviceType>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">900</maxWheelRange>
    </value>

It's possible you have to reset your config (just rename the "simbin" folder to "simbin old" or something under "\Documents\My Games\" to reset)

• Like Like x 1
  3. thewanted

thewanted New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks very much. I'll give that a try!

4. Pascal_DP

Pascal_DP New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No problem. I have a bodnar 52. My guess is the ID number is the same (573775314). If it doesn't work, just look up your controller profile under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet . Open the RCS file with notepad and lookup your device to find the deviceId. (see below)

DeviceName[00]="Steering Wheel"
    DeviceId[00]="(573775314, -1, -1, 0)"

If it's configured correctly you should be able to set a wheel rotation instead of the N/A under steering settings. My guess is you will have to reset your config for it to work.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any problems.

• Like Like x 1