Problem Steering radius setting we need one badly

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kamikazegage, Mar 14, 2018.

1. kamikazegage

kamikazegage New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its sad when my 2006 subaru impreza wagon with 450hp to the wheels goes through turns faster on a track than the gumpert apollo and zonda on this game they cant turn worth a crap along with many other vehicles and i heard this game was supposed to be realistic lmao gran turismo is kicking this games rear in realism

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Ya know there are steering settings for each car. Right ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Well, physics of GTR X are a bit dated and the cars are considered to be driven like a boat. These should be updated sometimes, when devs get boared 'cause there's nothing new coming up.;)

4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Many new R3E users are trapped by blindly testing outdated physics, then they conclude that this game physics are wrong.
    If only S3S could give an in-game information about the physics model version of each class, it could improve new users experience and potentially give more customers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The setting you want is in the car setup menu under "steering settings". increase the steering rack number from 13 to what feels right for the track. I often go up to 14 but a track like Macau is use 17. This assumes you match your wheel driver to the game. I use 540 wheel with 14 rack most of the time.

6. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    There is a thread in this forum where a beta tester explains which cars have old physics and which ones have updated physics, but you have to look for the information. It is not easily accessible for new users.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-is-not-that-great.10109/#post-140910

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  7. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    shouldn't the default setting for a car be compatible with tracks included in game?
    I can not make the hairpin turn in Macau, even at full steering lock, after coming to a dead stop, from the outside edge of the track, without hitting the far wall?
    the radius of the turn, and the minimum turning radius of the car (Z4 BMW GT3) are incompatible.
    while not a major flaw, it does seem to be something the developers should address
    meanwhile I will try the "steering rack setting" suggestion

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Macau is a pretty unique track that has an exceptionally tight hairpin that few other places around the world have... Perhaps only Monaco having a hairpin as tight as Macau's.

When the GT3 cars were overhauled, 540/13 for the steering rotation/steering lock was chosen as the default, and that works fine for all other tracks. RR does have 40 tracks now, so increasing the steering lock on the default setup... just so players can go around Macau, may not be wise any longer as that would make the steering more sensitive and twitchy, which you dont really need.

Luckily, it's simple enough to go into the car setup > steering options, and increasing the steering lock. As pointed out above, using a steering lock of 17 works alright. Personally, I use 540/16 for the steering ratio on almost all tracks in the gt3 cars, and once you change the steering settings the first time, it will forever be remembered by the game. So you wont need to change it from that point on.

9. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    thanks for that info
    I did a bit more testing, and it feels like the car has a bit too much understeer to make that particular hairpin turn
    so along with raising the steering lock, I also lowered the diff preset, so the car could turn easier,
    still needs a bit of work, but at least I can get a few laps in now, without hitting the wall.
    so far the default setups have been fine, and that is one of the things I like about RaceRoom
    but I am not opposed to a bit of tuning when necessary.

• Like Like x 2