Question Still no crossfire support?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by DayGlow, Jan 4, 2016.

1. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @hyp36rmax
    Hey mate, fellow CrossFirer here. Thanks for sharing your CF info. I concur with shadow splits off.
    Just a tip about something i noticed in your settings screen shots.
    On my system i was also getting that pink fuzz/distortion you have in the top left corner. If Iam not mistaken it also appears on the Delta bar in game.
    Try turning off "full screen" option in your main video settings page just below the resolution setting. Restart the Sim.
    Your game will still fill your screen when racing and the fuzz should be gone.
    Anyhow it worked for me. It may also work for you @spyshagg and other CF endowed racers.
    Good Luck. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey! You're welcome glad to help. Hopefully S3 will notice and get some work done for us. That pink fuzz is actually the MSI After burner / Rivatuner OSD displaying my GPU clock speed, memory, utilization and CPU information in-game on the top left. Haha you can actually enlarge the photo and see it much better. :D

The challenge we have with Crossfire and SLI is it works exclusively in Full screen, anything outside of that such as Window, Borderless Window and so forth will disable multi-gpu Crossfire and SLI

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. DayGlow

DayGlow New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help. Disappointed that the the dcs continue to ignore this issue while still pumping out content.

4. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    you have a projector that spits out >60hz?

5. DayGlow

DayGlow New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I've noticed that the menu flickering only seems to happen on screens that have the motion video behind it. Options screens with static images don't flicker. Is there a way we can disable toe FMV screens in the game?

6. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Have anyone tried to use BFBC2 profile in CF setup ? In AC its help to take more FPS, probably if you use a lot of text info overlayed on the screen (laps, time, position e t.c.)

7. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yes, BFBC2 profile enables crossfire on AC without visual corruption. It will however lower minimum FPS in CPU intensive areas (lots of cars visible at the same time etc).

So, with crossfire enable you will have more FPS when alone on track, but minimum FPS will be lower.
    My 5Ghz i7 will run at ~45% with crossfire disabled, and 75% with crossfire enabled.

For R3E, there was a profile (F1_2015) that enabled crossfire without visual corruption. But it stopped working November or December when sector3 launched a new patch. Even when we find a solution, they shot us down again (not on purpose I believe, but they are doing nothing about it either...)

8. DayGlow

DayGlow New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    at least they could let us alt+enter to switch back and forth from windowed mode. There are so many workarounds that aren't possible with this game.

I've read threads from over a year ago that they said they are working on multi-gpu support and so far all I see is a continued stream of new content without any support for the lack of features in the core game.

9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @DayGlow there were plenty features in the last update (ffb, physics updates, setup saving, larger grids...). So your statement is not completely fair. The people who work on content are not same as programmer either.

What tends to happen is that our view on progress is biased by our own needs. Multi GPU is a minority and the game needs a lot of other work as well. Hence situation isn't great on that front. But there is no false promises or hype. The dev progress pace of r3e isn't as fast as people wish, that's all.
    And there is always some needs that cannot be addressed "soon enough"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DayGlow

DayGlow New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but comparing with the competition in the genre and they aren't keeping up with the standard. The contemporary competition all have decent multi-gpu support from the start.

Triple screens are far more common with race sim enthusiasts than other genres and sli/crossfire is more common to push those pixels.

I am voicing my frustration with their inability to fix an issue that their competitors have.

11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I pretty much came to the conclusion that since i do darn near -zero AAA gaming, crossfire was giving me more trouble than i wanted to deal with. Seems like the major AAA titles support it well, but niche gaming not so much. I also got it to run in R3E with flickering, garbled characters in leader board, anda bit of a performance increase. Eventually I gave up. I didn't even have good results with Assetto Corsa. The other game i spend alot of time on (ETS/ATS) it's the same story - it will work if you are willing to make sacrifices (although i've heard that may be better now).

All that said, I would love it if S3 smoothed out SLI/Crossfire since it would give me a proper upgrade path for the future. After going to a single mega-card setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. DayGlow

DayGlow New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    another patch, still no progress.

If the devs could just enable alt+enter to switch back and forth from window to fullscreen would suffice.

13. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Here is another useful feature for triple screen support.
    Ability to drag the game in windowed mode and resize by dragging.....like Codemasters.

I know people are gonna cry foul, but if it's a "fun race", I prefer to play in windowed mode. Just for the multi-tasking ability. Then I can watch my motorsports and simulate it too. :p

watch in HD mode.