Bug Stuck at loading screen "hit any key to continue"

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by JTT - Gege21 - (FR), Jun 3, 2015.

1. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This afternoon after having uninstalled the whole game via steam and reinstalled again when I launch R3E via the desktop icon or via steam client apply it load until the screen when a message say "hit any key to continue" (I'm with a French R3E version). Even pressing a key the load goes no further it freeze. To close the process and steam client aswell I have only one solution by closing my windows session and restarting it.

2. Max Cologne

Max Cologne New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Try to press ALT + TAB and then any key. It works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes thanks I discover that tip in another thread. It works here as well.

4. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just discover another tip simply by launching the Logitech Profiler soft before launching RRRE. No necessary doing ALT+TAB workaround. Works well here

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I confirm the Logitech Profiler tip, it works. Thanks!

However :D :

Logitech software stinks. It always does, since 1995 when I first used some.

In AC, my G27 does not get all of its buttons recognised by the sim if I launch AC and do NOT use the Logitech Profiler. I MUST use the profiler, else I lose functionality.

In R3E it is exactly the other way around: with profiler on, not all buttons on the wheel get recognised by the sim. I need to use the wheel without the profiler. I SHOULD NOT use the profiler there - if I do, I LOSE functionality.

The joke is that the profiler gets automatically switched on by R3E when i start it. So usually I launch R3E, then go back to the desktop, kill the profiler that meanwhile was switched on, go back to the game, press on the threottle the 3rd and 2nd red key together with the bottom black key to unlock the full rotation angle, and then can use the wheel like it should be, with all buttons and all functions working like they should.

Now I need to intentionally manually switch on the Profiler first, start the game, go to desktop, switching it off again, go back to the game, press red and black keys, and then I am done.

I assume next comes that I need to type in the square root of my telephone number multiplied with my year of birth? :D

P.S. I am using the latest version of Profiler that I could find on the web, from the Logi product homepage.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Aldeony Pinheiro

Aldeony Pinheiro New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Dont work for me, my game freeze in black screen.
    I think the game can't connect in database, can't login.

7. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Glad you get sorted out with this problem with the Logitech profiler soft. As you mention it is no necessary to use the Profiler to get the wheel functioning but sometimes it must be necessary to use it. Weird profiler soft anyway...!
    Although when 'im using the profiler I can bind and map all my controller buttons in game R3E...I never had problem using the profiler and mapping all buttons in R3E...But I have a G25 perhaps it's a different thing as the profiler is very old and adapted each time to match most recent Logitech wheels...!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  8. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The freeze in black screen is another bug... Try to delete the userdata folder and rebuild all your mapping keys and setup ingame. When you delete this userdata folder you loose all binding keys on your controller wheel and must be rebuild entirely ingame. Perhaps it is another one solution...?!

9. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Can say unpluging the G27 wheel before starting the game didn't do any difference for me it is the same, starting with black screen and when klicked I get the milky white animated background and no menu. But the menu is working so I manage to klick my way in to a practice run on a track blindefolded so to say :p :D

10. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! This bug still exist.