Stuck In Backwards View

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by serya, Jun 25, 2018.

1. serya

serya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Somehow I got stuck in reverse view. I assigned a key to toggle, but it only alternates between two reverse views, exterior and interior. I could not figure it out, but seemed like it might have had something to do with using two keys for same function I read a while back? Anyway, I assigned a new steering wheel key to change view and same thing, can not get out of reverse view.

I deleted the sim from Steam a while back out of frustration and hoping to reset it. Reinstalled it today, still can't figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Delete this folder: ...Documents\My Games\SimBin
    Then launch the game and set your peripherals up like you would normally.

If it still happens after that, it is most likely caused by a faulty button assignment (from the game's side, not your fault ;) ). If so, check both the primary and secondary controller functions pages for suspicious looking assignments. I don't remember from the top of my head, but it should say sth like "invalid" or "unassigned" or show some obscure numbers. So if there's any assignment that doesn't look normal, delete it or assign an unused keyboard button.

3. serya

serya New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK thanks for the information!

I notice now that things were fine with my Fanatec Formula and BMW wheels and have old profiles for those, but this happened when I added my McLaren GT3 wheel and it wouldn't recognize it and I didn't see how to start a new profile for it. My pedals say "unassigned" and I have to reassign them and the view is messed up. Will try the above and hopefully start new profiles.

Thank you very much.

4. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Same happened to me. Needed to delete the "Look Rear" assignment in controls.