Problem Stutter in AI races

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by maxx2504, May 20, 2016.

1. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

I have stutters every 1-2 seconds when i drive with 100 AI drivers, GT3 class for example, on the Nordschleife. Also i have the problem that the frames sink to 2-3 FPS every 3-5 minutes. Result is that i crash with my car when im in a turn of the road. Straights are ok but also dangerous.

The only thing help is to press ESC to enter the menu then press ESC again. The frames are ok again till the next big FPS drop is coming.

I'll try to lower the graphic settings but i think that a game problem ?

My System:
    Win10
    GTX960 (Driver 364.51)
    i5-4460
    8GB Ram

FPS are normally around 90-135 with this System at almost medium settings.
    Visible cars set to 40. I guess that mean 20 cars in front and in the back right ?..

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  2. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    If i race with 99 AI's i'm always drop down graphic settings from maxed to middle

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Running 100 cars is very demanding, so you should only do it with a very potent system. Maybe try to reduce the number of visible cars first.
    Other than that the fps drops might be caused by the replay being written, so try disabling the replay recording by adding "-disableReplay" without quotation marks in the games launch options in steam.

Set Launch Options
    1. Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
    2. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.
    3. Enter the launch options you wish to apply (be sure to separate each code with a space) and click OK.
    4. Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.

4. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

I'll try the tipp with the replay. Thanks for that ! I also edited my first post with Systemspecs and my normal FPS ingame.
    I will also try the newest nVidia driver too. Maybe its a problem with my i5 ? I read a lot of problems about that processor in other games. At the moment i don't have much.

5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You could try to check how your CPU usage looks like, but i doubt it causes it.
    There was guy few days ago with same problem and disabling replay recording fixed his issue. But best solution would be to get SSD :p

6. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Well i think my HDD isn't the problem because its not even reading data 99% of the time i drive. So an SSD wouldn't have a better result ;)

Oh by the way. I have 2 Monitors (17 and 23 inch). Maybe that could be a problem too ?

Ill investigate and let you know what helped or not. :)

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Do you use them both? There was also a guy with problem with using TV + Monitor, but he had constant stuttering. Switching to only use one output was solution.

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That was about cloning displays.

Not quite correct. It's not so much about the average load but the read/write speeds, or in other words the time it takes the drive to read (and in case of replays) write files. And in those aspects SSDs are far superior and can enhance your gaming experience.

Again, running on Nordschleife (the most demanding track) with 100 cars is very very very intense and your system might not be up for that task, especially if you're using two displays and rather high settings.

9. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

After i disable the replay record the big stutters are gone. I still have some little stutters all the time when i drive. But that tip really helps a lot. I can now race :) not perfect but works for me...

So thread can be closed :)

Thanks !

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Thought id mention hyper threading as another option to try to help improve the experience.
    I read this thread and thought i would give it a go, 100 cars at Nords, why not.
    I got a micro stutter every 10 seconds or so and then a while with none then a stutter every 10 for half a minute then none for a while, nothing that made it undrivable, i did try with threading on and off, while in game the threading didnt appear to make any noticable difference on or off, off, im sure it loaded the track and cars quite a bit quicker, didnt time it or anything just an obs, maybe in my mind it was very late :)

Edit - I started with 23 visible cars, on the grid in 27th at the start i was getting approx 54fps which quickly settled to 60 when the race started, i decided to try 40 cars and at the start i was getting 35-45fps and took a long time to settle at 60fps even then had little fluctuations down to mid 50`s.
    Just thought id share.

11. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !
    The FPS is not my problem i run 80-135 FPS with 100 AI's and 24 visble cars. But i had the same FPS with 40 visible cars. Thats why i wonder :)

12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Didnt say for a minute it was, altho if I wanted to be pedantic then you could say yes it was, or it obviously was!
    A heads up for Hyperthreading and a share of experience, nothing more nothing less.

13. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hyperthreading improved performance a little for me on high settings. But as far as I know, the i5 4460 does not support hyperthreading, so maybe he can't test that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

Yepp only i7 Core got Hyperthreading. But anyway its ok now. I have less problems after i disabled the replay function :) I still have around 100 FPS when i have all settings on high. AA is off.