Stutter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j.mcleod, Apr 5, 2017.

1. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Will it ever be fixed?

The problem is new as of the last 6 months ago, it isn't affecting everyone but if you look on the Steam forums (and here) you'll see there are a significant number of complaints.

I've tried working through with support to find a resolution to these problems, but every time I think it is fully resolved, it reoccurs. It makes the game nigh on unplayalbe, when you can get large stuttering seemingly at random interupting the gameplay.

It's nice to see new features and content, but I'm really worried this game won't ever be playable for me again. I've invested a lot of money in this title and would be very disappointed to have effectively wasted it all.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Stuttering that makes the game unplayable is most likely an issue on the PC. Maybe related to some Tools running in the background - I remember a case in which the member resolved his stuttering by shutting down an Overclocking-Tool (which normally should increase Performance)

R3E is quite heavy on the first core of the CPU. If that core is under full load while gaming, suttering will most likely occur. If other applications are running in the background that use that core too, that will even increase the Stuttering and situations in which stuttering occur.

I'm aware that other games run well. That issue is very much related to R3E or other DX9-Games which aren't good in Multi-Threading.

3. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    No overclocking, nothing else other than core Windows processes and Steam running.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I had this same issue recently and I turned off zonealarm and stopped other Internet activity and it completely got rid of the stuttering.

5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I have a pretty old PC and sometimes problems with stuttering. I tried everything I could find here in the forum. It doesn't matter what kind of graphics setting I am choosing I raceroom. But the part that I don't understand the most is that while driving is okay but as soon as I start the replay the stuttering occurs. When Raceroom is not very good in multithreading I better keep my old PC. CPU load is a 25%. My dual Xeon workstation at work will be much slower than my old PC. 48 cores doesn't help Raceroom. Snyway, I still have no solution for the stuttering :/

6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I just found that one: http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/540743212113492817/?tscn=1401524323
    I think its not Raceroom, either it is windows (surprise) or something with Nvidia. On my system I have a Soundblaster sound card and I am using the Nvidia audio at the same time for a bass shaker. The onboard sound ist disabled in the bios. Next time will disable the Nvidia sound and lets see. My GPU load is always at around 25% and I am only have a GTX 960. strange somehow isn't it?