Question Stuttering

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by badhairday, Dec 14, 2015.

1. badhairday

badhairday Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    Just to ask people here is any one getting stuttering since the last update.
    My game is kinda unplayable all of a sudden as every couple of seconds there is a big stutter.
    If I exit to the main menu and lower the resolution from 1920 X 1200 to say 1680 X 1050 apply then reset back to 1920 X 1200 and restart the session everything runs fine,but as soon as I exit the game and then restart the game the stuttering is back!.
    Ive rolled back graphics drivers and lowered all kinds of options graphically but it still persists.
    Disabled sound cards and re jigged drivers, no luck.
    I run 5 or 6 other sims with no issues at all.

Win 10 64
    Nvidia 980 latest drivers
    Amd 8370 8 core 4.00ghz
    32 gb ddr3
    SoundBlaster Z

Any help or suggestions grateful.

Cheers

Sean

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Are you using a wheel or a game controller?

3. badhairday

badhairday Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I use a T500 with the Fanatec V3 pedals, Thrustmaster gated shifter and DSD sequential.
    T500 dash from sim hardware and a 10" tablet running dashmeter
    Nothing new as ive been using the same setup with add on peripherals since the beginning.

4. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Getting stutters since the last update as well. Milky smooth in all builds prior.

5. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Do you have multiple monitors (not only in-game, but on your desktop?)

I got 2 screens (monitor+TV), and I mirror the desktop.
    Since Win10 (with nvidia drivers), R3E and iRacing are unplayable if I leave the setup as is - huge freezes every couple of seconds.

If I de-activate (from nvidia control panel) the TV, getting back to a single-monitor setup, everything works fine.

6. Alrischa

Alrischa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here. I have a crossfire of amd 7970. The game became completely unplayable. Since the last update, I lost enormously FPS and I notice a huge stuttering .. I noticed that completely disabling shadows, it again became playable, but that's not a solution.

7. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I also noticed occasional stuttering after the last update. Never experienced that before on my setup. Running the same settings as I always have.

I've mostly raced Bathurst and it stutters a little almost every lap, and I've noticed it at Zolder as well. Probably applies to all tracks then, more or less.

I'm running nVidia GTX760 and an i5. Haven't checked my general fps after the update, but in earlier releases it's typically been like 80-100 fps, and it's never dropped below 70 fps.

8. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Playable but silghtly stuttering from time to time...

9. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I should have added that I am on an older AMD 5850 and triple screens. As before, ran milky smooth on all prior builds. This stuttering coupled with the poor FFB has put R3E on the shelf for now. Using this opportunity to get back to GTR2, still an amazing sim after all these years.

10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I got some weird fps drops down to 48-51 fps and stuttering this evening, both on Buriram and Macau in DTM 2015.
    With Audi TT I didn't have any problems on Macau, but same on Buriram..

The strange thing though, is that I tried Buriram earlier today with TT-Cup without any issues or fps drops??

I also had to reload a few tracks because the liveries didn't load, never seen this before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Anyone come up with any workarounds for this issue, or are we stuck waiting for the next update and crossing our fingers?

12. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    same here, just reinstalled the system, and now i have serious stuttering. it even happens on the menu screen, the background animation is stuttering. the game itself is unplayable, which is a shame... all other titles run smooth (dont have iracing, so no clue about that....).

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You sure you got your sytem all up to date and configured right? Not enabled supersampling or some other crazy AA method? Menu stutter sounds suspicious, it's just some video being played back.

14. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Wish there was a way to roll back to a previous build, because this one sucks.

15. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I wonder what the difference is, the latest build runs perfect for me. Not sure if what you are experiencing is related to a certain video card or other hardware or something running in the background. I know this doesn't directly help but if you at least know others are fine it may help narrow down your issue.

i7, 16MB, GTX 980, Windows 10 x64 here.

16. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Latest build was perfekt until reinstall, now with clean system the game completly unplayable. i tried the usual tricks with deleting everything from my documents and steam folder, completly reinstalled the game ... of course i have my old simbin folder as well, so tried to copy back config files etc...nothing... and it seems only r3e suffering from something... all other titles are smooth.
    will try today to disable one of my screens as someone suggested before to see if that resolve the case... but even if that works it is a bit of a shame that we have to find kinda stupid playarounds to be able to run the game on a clean system...
    1 more thing i was thinkin about is flash player, it gave lot of headache to my friends before, and since all new browsers comes with preinstalled flash, probably somehow those are just not the proper versions for the game, but im not even sure that the gam still using flash to play video files...
    also before the new system, i was using 15.11 driver for my radeon, now im using 15.12....
    whatever, if i can figure out something, i will let ya know....

17. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Maybe go back to the 15.11 driver, see if that is the issue.

18. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    So i started to play around with my displays, and i have to confirm, that as long as my monitor was plugged in alone, i have had no stuttering at all. as soon as i plugged in my flatscreen tv, the stuttering came back.... tried many things and finally i've found a solution (or something like that), and that is windowed mode... since the game supports borderless windowed mode, it looks exactly the same as full hd fullscreen mode, except the stuttering... so if you have win 10, with a radeon card on crimson 15.12, try to run it on windowed mode...

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried the latest beta driver? The first official release even caused some hardware failures which seemed to be fixed by the beta drivers.

20. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    nope. usually i dont trust beta drivers, especially not in these days, when vga card manufacturers making new drivers for each and every new titles, regardless of the performance impact on other games.... that is a gamble....
    so far with this solution im happy, anyways i wanted to try stefan mizzi's dashboard, which is requires windowed mode to run it with widgets...