Suggestion: Car Test Improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shovas, Jan 1, 2016.

1. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    When testing a car from the store,

- You should be able to get to the in-race menu so you can tweak car setup, wheel rotation, ffb settings, etc. How else are you to know if you can tune in a car properly?

- The RaceRoom track may not be the best option for all car types. Is the RaceRoom track the best track to figure out if the Formula cars are going to work for you?

- RaceRoom track road feel should be updated if you're going to keep using it for testing. On the straight under the bridge there is absolutely no road feel in a Formula car. I would expect to be feeling quite a bit of jostle in the wheel going at top speed down any stretch.

- Would be nice if you indicated how much time you have and how much is left while testing. My first test the ESC key wouldn't work and I had no idea how much time I had left or how even to exit the sim. I was just lucky the session finally timed out and it booted me out.

- Consider using laps completed as a session limit rather than time. For example, if I don't know a track it might take me a few laps before I stop making mistakes and start having clean laps at which point it's nice to get in at least 3 clean laps or more to decide if the car is going to work for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Wheel rotation adjust is automatic. R3E is not so setup dipendent as RF2 is.For exit you have to keep down the ESC button.You can do any tests you want

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I posted this before and will again.
    The game as a demo/freebee should be a car and track that is/are popular, that way people who wont take the time to learn from the demo as it is will give a track they know a chance even more so if it is a car and track thay know, they have a base to compare.
    Anyone with an open mind that gives this game half an hour couldnt help but see the potential and like it, the only folks that wouldnt as far as im concerned are fanboys of another series.
    It isnt a hard game to like in anyway shape or form you need to get into it and if giving away a premium track\car will convince more to purchase which personally i think it would then go that way, the busier the better, the more people playing the more will play.

SH....t new years alcohol i gone way off track again ahh well.

And ive now got hiccups!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This is still a problem. I'm interested in the McLaren 650S but the free testing feels so bad on my wheel I can't tell if the car is worth buying or not.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    What are your remaining concerns here?

I dont see the test track changing. The purpose of it is simply to give you an idea of how the car behaves. You can also test a car for 24 hrs straight without being booted back to the store if you desire. And no car being driven on a straight without any wheel input is going to feel much FFB. And RR Raceway has received some updates before any other track since it is one of the free options that people will experience first.

6. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Particularly points 1 and 2. The McLaren feels terrible for FFB (I need access to set ffb params such as strength), the wheel lock feels strange, and the field-of-view is way out of whack with how I normally drive cars in R3E.

I just need access to the in-race menu and I could manage all this but it's locked out.

Using another track would be a good idea, something people know, and that has decent ffb track mesh.

• Informative Informative x 1