Suggestion: Crowdfunded Car/Track Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shovas, Nov 19, 2016.

1. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'd be willing to pay some VRP, in a crowdfunded way, to get some of the older physics cars updated and I suspect many others would too.

My favourite cars are actually some of the older cars and, compared with the newer cars with new physics, they just don't feel as good. I'm thinking of the BMW M3 GT2/M1 ProCar/320 Turbo, the CanHards, DMDs, Mistrals, basically the original content. These would be so beautiful to drive with the new physics.

I'm sure many of us have a few VRP just lying around in our accounts after our main purchases and I bet many would be willing to pay for some updates. It seems like the platform is already right there in the store to accomplist this. Say, set a goal for how many VRP are required to get S3 to do the update, then when it hits that mark you go ahead with the update, or if it doesn't hit that mark in a certain timeframe you refund those VRPs.

The same idea could apply for some of the tracks that could use FFB updates or layout additions.

My ideal price would be about a livery price. I don't know if I'd pay full price for a refurbished car and I don't think that'd be necessary as it would be crowdfunded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    They've updated older content free of charge (M1, Silhouette and Prototype class are among those btw; Macau, Hockenheim and Hungaro just received updates as well) and they will continue to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I know they've brought a few things along but I'm not sure about a lot of the older paid content. It's clear to me comparing the BMW M3 GT2 with the BMW M4 DTM 2016 the FFB itself is much more well down on the newer car. There's also a clear issue with Slip Effect on the M3 actually generating a continuous vibration, completely unnatural, whereas the M4 you can definitely understand the Slip Effect. There's also the classic loose steering/weak center issue that is apparent on the M3 but much less so on the M4. Oscillation is also much reduced on the newer cars.The whole feel of these older cars speaks to me of out of date physics.

I know they bring things along from time to time but it would be great to get timely updates and I'd be willing to pay for it.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No need to pay for those updates. ;)
    The thing is the Devs and coders aren't sitting around not knowing what to do, quite on the opposite. So when it comes to updating existing content it's more of a "we'll do it whenever time allows for it" thing and there wouldn't be any more time (i.e. the tasks at hand wouldn't go away) even if we gave some bucks.

Now with the M3 you're absolutely right tho. It's one of those very early cars (well, GTR2 class as a whole is) that is still using very early physics and definitely needs an update.
    AfaIk the Touring Classics/DTM '92 should be next in line to get a do-over, after that, well, hopefully GTR2 I guess. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yup, from significant classes, only Group A and GTR2 are running that weird, old physics. There is also couple of cars, that noone cares about (like hillclimb ones), which I doubt that they will receive updates in reasonable future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    well, atleast the update for AI and the cams for the old cars. The M1 Procar has new physics i thought, but also has those old cams.

I just drove the Ford GT1 class and AI still had insane speed at 100%. So, probably GTR-X and German Nationals weren't touched either.

7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    The German Nationals are probably the last class to be updated.

• Agree Agree x 1