Suggestion: Put premium packs, pro packs, and starter packs on steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jiaoshouxu, Nov 16, 2016.

1. jiaoshouxu

jiaoshouxu Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think the release of these three packs is a great move for this game. For 99 bucks, you can get all contents; it looks scary, but compare to other Sim's price, you won't say that anymore. AC with all DLC costs 90+ bucks, Pcar with all DLC costs 81 bucks (the quality is far worse than other true sims) Rfactor 2 costs 80 bucks but it has less contents and less active online community. Therefore I think 100 bucks for all packs is pretty solid, to put them on steam store, it may bring more newcomers. I believe lots of people who complained about price model before will take a look this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. jiaoshouxu

jiaoshouxu Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sorry my English is not good, hope you guys understand

• Like Like x 2
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Agree, buying everything from steam would make the game far more expensive.
    And it might have generated more sales on steam as well, if steam prizes and the R3E store was the same.
    But this have always been the case, and a big problem to this is that steam don't take owned content into account.

If you buy vRP's here: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24
    You get all R3E content for: €64.99
    Which makes R3E the third cheapest of the current sims.

iRacing: Infinite amount of $$$... .

rFactor 2 with Lifetime subscription: €79.99

AC bought with Dream pack bundle and Porsche season pass is €65.08

Automobilista with Season pass: €58.48

pCars GOTY edition is: €49.37

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    That is the plan.
    Except the Premium Pack, because it will constantly change with every new release.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    With the possibility of buying this changed Premium pack anew?

6. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    Any pack can only be bought once, including the premium pack.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    is the new website slow? or is it my internet connection?

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's having its post-patch cramps... ;)
    Not your connection.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    So what happens if I buy the Premium Pack now? Can't I upgrade my Premium Pack to a new one when new content added to the Premium Pack by paying the differences? The old European track pack worked in similar ways, where I bought it once, then I could buy it again when other tracks are added to the pack.

If I can't "upgrade" my Premium Pack, then, is there another way to buy all the content in one go? Like a pack for TT VLN, or upgrade pack for the new GT3s as it seemed like most single car packs are gone now.

I am more than happy to buy the Premium pack and it's upgrade than buying content separately.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner
    Thanks for clearing.
    Bummer!:(;)
    So we'll have to ponder, when to play this joker.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Might be an idea to remove the experiences from the store.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Arf !!

Damned! I killed my joker today to purchase DTM16, TT Cup and some missing content in GTR3 class.

13. superapan

superapan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So if I buy Starter Pack, I get no discount on Premium Pack?

14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I would imagine you will gt the discount rolled onto the next pack you want to buy, pack 1 discounted off 2 and 2 off 3, at a guess anyway.

15. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    A solid plan to put them on Steam, should be a good way to increase interest and sales, but I really urge you guys to consider the above stance. Especially when there's no way to buy cars like the Audi TT Cup 2016/Audi LMP1's in a pack. The current system is confusing even to those of us who are deeply invested and interested in R3E.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The way the premium pack works would probably mean that I'll never buy it since my account only can buy it once in it's lifetime. I think it also has an impact on how much I play the game too as I am missing some really crucial content that will make the game better for me. At the end, it feels like the long time invested players are the ones losing out.

I sincerely think this move is not a good idea on a long term, it feels like it is punishing invested players while the upgradable premium could be a good way for some players to avoid the microtrasaction model.

I really do not understand why R3E business model has to be this complicated.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think some people let the pricing model negatively affect their enjoyment far too much.

All the content you already own, can be used the same now, as the past 3+ yrs. You can do single player with everything you own, leaderboards, competitions, and even MP on any track you own, with any class you own at least 1 car in. You can also use all DTM cars with any track, whereas just a short year ago, you were limited to using the latest DTM release with the DTM season tracks only. Much more than can be said of a few other games out there.

If there is crucial content missing, pick it up slowly when it goes on sale, or buy one of the packs that includes it. The store is more streamline now than before, by offering these all inclusive packs, yet there are complaints that this is too complicated.

I agree buying the premium pack now and not being able to buy it again in the future to top off content you dont own is a minor bummer, but if that were the case, it wouldnt be as cheap as it is now, since you would be getting all future content on the mega cheap.

These new packs get more people involved by allowing you to own everything in one go, and it allows long time players to consolidate their content by owning everything simply by getting the premium pack too, for a huge discount from the owned content discounts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    curios, what would you guys have to pay for an upgrade to pro or premium? i believe mine was about 2700 and 6000vrp for all.

19. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    308 vRP for the Premium pack here. Only missing the Audi TT Cup 2016 and the Audi LMP1's. I own neither because I don't really feel like buying them piecemeal and I cannot for the life of me find them sold as a pack, or well, in the case of the TT Cup I can, it's just that the pack costs nothing and contains nothing and throws an error when added to the cart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    With this new structure I believe people will buy less. I enjoy purchasing all content but can't buy the new packs unless I go premium which doesn't make sense with the upcoming unreleased stuff. Need individual packs !!

• Agree Agree x 4