Suggestion: RaceRoom TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racki, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Would you like that?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    80.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Don't care

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I've got an idea and I am curious what you think of it...

Imagine there is always a live stream online where you can watch currently happening events of all RaceRoom events worldwide.

The effort for it would not be such a huge thing I guess:
    Server and Password of the dedis is already known to the RaceRoom servers. Therefore a Raceroom server could automatically join in spectator mode and stream to Youtube/twitch or whatsoever.
    The only logic which is needed is to decide which dedi is to be spectated. Simply prefer races over qualis/trainings and the server with the most participant wins.

Edit: Password protected servers should always be prefered acc. to @Don Rudi

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    As of now, I would say, it doesn't make much sense, but once new Multiplayer System will be up and running, this would be really cool to watch top split races, even without commentary

3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea, the only thing I don't agree is that the server with the most participants wins - I'd rather watch a high quality closed sever race with 18 drivers than a free weekend crash derby with more than 30 users.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Surely in this technological age, more than one stream at a time could be accomplished?
    Never know may calm a few people down a bit, knowing their Nanna might be watching!
    Another thing, seeing as we are moving over to a more online league approach, isn't it now the time to add that extra texture layer and give us our own names on the cars? be perfect timing, fit in nicely with a live streaming channel and the esport system soon to be released, tie things up nicely, Georg Ortner,J-F Chardon anyone? :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I think raceroom hurts itself by not mirroring the oculus image by default. You have to either use steam or some third party software to record and broadcast in youtube. That really kills the attention this game gets overall.

6. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    That I seriously doubt. The number of VR users is a definite minority, albeit a vocal one. The number of VR users that broadcast is smaller still.
    Besides, and this is just a personal opinion, watching VR footage is bloody annoying.
    Weird FOV, constantly changing camera angle, and you're still left with a 2D image, just not a very good one. :D

• Agree Agree x 3