Summer Special Pack Pricing Or VRP Purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not Lifting Off, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Seeing the summer special listed as special and thinking well it really isnt that special, to me and my not so humble opinion anyway, i thought id suggest in a new thread of cheaper or better ways to get a little more for around the same price, feel free to share or recomend cheap or well priced content to try and make a better value or higher content pack, thinking for begginers or new to the game and or pricing model.

The Summer Special Pack 15 tracks, 30 cars 49.99 €

£39.99 buys 7,500vrp, you could buy every track for that -
    4500vrp for the Euro track pack the American track pack plus a couple not in the packs ignoring the hillclimb, where are we at 25-26 tracks?

That leaves 3000vrp for cars, at the current pricing with the sale discount you would get between 15 and 25 cars to run around your new tracks on, not quite 30 but at least 10 more tracks and only a couple of cars missing, and lets be honest, quite a few of the cars included in the pack will never get driven.

Or look at it another way, actually positive where the pricing is concerned you could buy every racetrack in the game, have 20ish different cars and classes, basically a full game minus a few cars for what you would typically pay for a premium pc game.
    £39.99 buys 7500vrp, at that price for the correctly selected content it turns into a fair priced, very good racing game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, I would rather go down the route you desribed. Bulk buy vRP, buy every track and a good selection of cars.

Fair play though, the summer special pack is a decent deal and simple for the newcomer to understand. But as it is with Raceroom, not everything is the great deal it first seems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Depends if you like all the liveries of a certain car, or just one.

4. Chocoloco

Chocoloco Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The Summer Special Pack is nice for sure if you want the most popular online content. For my personal taste it's missing some of the best stuff though, like FR2, Daytona Prototype, Touring Classics and GTO Classics. Unless you really wanna own all the cars and liveries of the 2015 WTCC, DTM and GT Masters I'm positive you would get more bang for the buck by buying a 7.500 or 10k vrp pack and getting selected content across all classes.

• Like Like x 1