Question Support Question

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by w4nn13, Mar 30, 2016.

1. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    OK so servers went down for the night on Sunday I think, lots of people getting 404 errors, OK this is fine things happen get over it....but hang on what happened?

SO me myself and I and a few friends were racing that night, one of my friends logged out of a multiplayer server we was on to change some settings, but when he came to go back in he was getting 404 error, I mean we was fine me and my other friend racing around track while we waited for our friend to figure out what was wrong with his game.

One hour later and still no joy my friend tried different things to get back on but no luck, only due to other people making the same posts on forum did he realize it was not his problem and others were having the same issue.

Four hours later still no servers up, ok things happen I am ok with that, but what I am not ok with is why oh why was there no message anywhere or even an email to say the servers are down come back tomorrow or something instead of people wasting hours on end thinking there the problem.

If I was running a company and the servers I was using went down and I got no message and lost of ton of money, I think I know who to blame, so in conclusion:

SEND A FECKING MESSAGE YOU NUMB NUTS

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It happened on an international holidays night, nobody was around to fix or send anything.

3. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

Yes but you don't turn up at hospital and be told its a holiday come back next week with your arm hanging off or you ring up the fire brigade and told there all on holiday?? Come on there should be a backup plan we all know things go wrong at the worse time ever like what happened the other night but still we live in the world of nano, robots and AI now and your telling me that even a simple generated message from the server its self cant send a message? even if they are on holiday still no excuse and if it was up to me someones head would be rolling in my office Monday morning! ;o)

4. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    404 means the content on the server cannot be reached, so in that case it is hard to display a message from that server, isn't it?

Reminds me of some former colleagues of mine who stored the message that the database was down in the database.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    How can a server send a message if it bellied up? :p

You appear the be of the entrepreneurial kind, so think about the cost-benefit ratio of having a redundant secondary system that constantly monitors your primary system just for the unlikely event that the primary system fails. Even multi-million-dollar (and user) Steam doesn't have such a system.

6. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes I could not have put it better myself!