Synchronised starting...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Been having a blast with WTCC 16 at Silverstone this weekend - loving it.

A minor gripe with how the AI starts though... they all pull to the left in synchronised splendour!

2017-04-17 0929 0001.jpg

In the picture above we are about a second or two into the race and EVERY AI car has launched well to the left (from drivers POV). You can see me in sixth spinning and smoking my tyres a lot :D - so I'm focussed on getting off the line and am the ONLY car not well to the left of its starting point on the grid.

Anyway to me it looks a bit... well... fake. It's a minor point but it breaks the immersion at least in watching the replays. I realise they are all making straight for the racing line (which is to the left), but surely a 'real' start would be more chaotic or random.

I agree its a minor thing and if it took resources away from other stuff that'd be bad. On the other hand if it's fixable with a couple of lines of code then why not I say. (Or it could just be added to the list...)

Has anyone else noticed this?

Does anyone else care?

[EDIT] Just watched a couple of BTCC starts at Silverstone, and it as you'd expect everyone launches in a straight line and then only moves to attack or defend if circumstances dictate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017