Question T300rs bumps on the road

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Hell-Fiend™, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys
    Am not sure if this is an issue or that is how the game is designed. I have my ffb meter to watch the FFB i feel like the bumps on the road are damped j see the meter jumping but it is no where as strong as it should be specially when i went back to project cars i felt difference the bumps on the road are more prounced. My settings are as follows
    Control panel 100/100/0/4
    FFB master 100 smoothing 0 ffb intensity 100 minimum force 20 understeer 60 vertical load 100 horizontal 45 steering rack 100. Am i missing something here is it my settings?

2. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Try turning up your min force to 25 or 30 if you like having a bumpier wheel like you mentioned

3. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    What would that do? Isnt minimum force is made for steering wheels with deadzones?

4. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Ya, but it also increases the intensity of vibrations in the wheel at the lower end of the FFB spectrum.

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Ideally you want to keep the minimum force setting as low as possible. The purpose of this setting is to amplify small, subtle forces that some wheels have trouble producing as FFB. The T300 is not one of those wheels so you should be able to keep the minimum force setting at 0.

The default T300 profile in R3E has this setting at 10 but I wouldn't suggest going any higher than that. Minimum force basically introduces clipping at the lower end so small forces get drowned out. Keep it as low as possible.

If you want to feel more bumpiness in the FFB try raising the vertical load setting.

• Agree Agree x 2