Released Tatuus F.4

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, they use a 6-speed sequential box with paddles. http://www.tatuus.it/formula4.php

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I finally test drove it. I like this car just as much as the Forumla RR 2, even though it is quite different.

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Damn, we are complaining about having only 4 American Tracks. Look at Formula 4 United Arab Emirates - they have whole season on 2 tracks :D
    http://www.f4uae.com/calendar

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    At least it seems like they might be using different layouts throughout the season. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Well yas marina is quite the track, i'd never seen it before. And of course forumla 1 blocks the video from being embedded so you have to watch it on youtube lol.

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Had one of my most exciting MP races with this car just now on Oschersleben, really close and fun car to race!! :kissingheart:
    As good as a full grid race, and didn't even see one single car crash in the first treacherous turn! :openmouth::)

But then after some serious battling a couple of laps later we where three cars wide about to take the first turn, I had the outside and got a bit wide out in the sand pit.
    And man this car get stuck, took me about 40 secounds to get free.. . :eek::mad:;)
    Then a couple of laps later I noticed I forgot to fill up the thank from Qually setting and ran out of fuel!!.. . :oops: Not the first time.. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I think I was in that race, there was a few crashes early on but these are great fun.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    just got 3rd in that Oschersleben race with the tyres completely shagged at the end, after charging up through the field from nearly last. Stonking little car, absolutely fab. Really planted but nervous enough to bite when you get it up on its tiptoes. My new favourite I think :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    That Oschersleben race was just friggin brilliant ... so are the cars, just love it :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you guys want to add me on steam
    jimortality
    Or maybe you don't lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I had three amazing MP races with the Tatuus on the S3 Server. First was Red Bull Ring, second Nürburgring short and third (and best) was Zandvoort. Absolutely brilliant close racing and fighting from everyone.

Got 3rd in Zandvoort with 0.05 seconds ahead of 4th. Was sweating like hell and tyre-wear indicator was flashing orange.

I left the server when it went to Oschersleben, I had to pause after 3 hours of racing stress.

But I had great online racings the last few weeks in general. DTM, GTR3, even free Silhouette Cars on Portimao... everything fair and close and very intense. Just forget other sims and their wreckers and kids in multiplayer. in R3E I always have the best races online on public servers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply - yes that was it. And it's not a 'tingle' as I called it - its three very quick beeps when I try to downshift too quickly.

13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    actually real f4 cars (at least the aussie ones) have a much more aggressive dsp that disallows downshifts for a number of seconds after being triggered.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the new F4, a vehicle which fits really well into the game.
    The Tatuus drives really nice and I had some wonderful duels with the AI.
    Are planned for the future and the Dome F110 or the Mygale F4 Chassis ?

15. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Just my opinion, don't shoot me ! but this car feels somewhat under-powered to what it should be and the engine noise does not have any real grunt but sounds pretty flat overall. Watching real life F4 racing, the cars look & sound like they have much more torque and the engine has the ability to really scream at you ! Have not experienced that at all with this one - wish I did though.

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Dk for sure but I was under the impression the car uses the same 1.4L 16V turbo engine they use in the Fiat 500 Abarth, and that produces "only" 160 hp and 230 Nm of torque.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Do you compare it to the BRDC Formula 4 (now BRDC Forumula 3)? They are using a naturally aspirated 2l cosworth-engine with 230hp in that Chassis. The Version in game is using a 1.4l Turbocharged engine with 160hp.

18. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Ok you guys are no doubt correct ... I was expecting something with quite a bit more power and to be honest with such a small power band this just feels sluggish to me and I enjoy to drive the Formula Junior much more for a low power open wheeler else the FR2 is much livelier and to me more fun. But even with only 1.4l turbo at 160 this should 'scream' a little at top end I think.

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I have visited a race with those cars a few weeks ago. They aren't screaming very much when reaching their top-speed. I guess the RPM is a bit limited in that engines to reduce wearing of the engine and so saving some money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DirtyriceTX

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I had a great race without about 15 people at nurburgring in this car today. I really hope these stay popular, lots of close racing. I would say I like this the most out of the formula cars, the fr rr2 second and then i'd rate the jr the lowest because I just find it boring.

Last edited: May 18, 2016