Team Championship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totalgamertb21, Jun 13, 2019.

1. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can set up single player championships against AI (go to Single Player > Championship), but you still have to be online because certain crucial data is stored on the central servers and has to be loaded for the game to run.

In those championships you have driver and team/manufacturer rating.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    At the end of an online race, you can switch between driver results, team results (based on car/livery selection, not manual teams), and manufacturer results. It doesn't necessarily mean anybody was actively driving as a team though.

As for offline, I have no idea because I've never tried it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I've done a lot of single player championships in my 700 hours of playing this game. I should definitely try creating a new one, and seeing this team championship.

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Beginning to think this forum requires a Sim grammer thread added.
    To ease confusion there is Multi-player and Single player, which are both online. No such thing as offline!
    Only mention this as it confuses new drivers immensely.
    With rF2 going web based with their new UI, I wonder if they will also be going online only?

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Games that require online access at all times are still rare, and hopefully not a growing trend. So online/offline has always been the way to describe different game modes and is far quicker than typing singleplayer/multiplayer. I don't think it's all that confusing really, since the vast majority of Steam gamers are online 99% of the time and are unlikely to even notice that R3E needs internet for singleplayer unless something goes wrong. (Like the servers being down for maintenance.)

7. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Just to clear things up:

When I say "offline", I mean single-player mode. It's what I normally use to describe playing other games that don't require online access at all times, such as Automobilista.

I am fully aware that this game is run on one big server, as I have been playing it for over two years.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.