tell me there is more

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ohioracer, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Please, don't leave me now. I have waited months for improvements to r3e only to wait the quick 71/2 hours to get the patch and now, most of my r3e won't work. Waited six minutes for a screen to load only to reboot to try again. Same thing. Half hour later, I got it to load a screen but the entire page was grayed out. Rebooted and it froze up in the process.Rebooted, same thing. Now, I can drive but seems i have a two hundred pound weight banging my wheel back and forth until contact is made with an immovable object(ffb tweak?). Frankly, so far, a huge disappointment. Tell me there will be more. Tell me only another 8 hour wait will make it worthwhile. Tell me something to keep me coming back to check if the only REAL improvements were to give us "more options to purchase stuff in the store" as stated last night.
    Update, in my fit or rage yesterday, i typed the above out of frustration. Today, my r3e is rendered inop after the new "improvements". Timed at 6 min., i get to stare at a beautiful picture of 6 cars in hi def......for 6 minutes until the '"oops, something went wrong" occurs and i get to start over. My anticipation has turned to just short of disgust with the "who cares" attitude and the lack of direction/help to those of us who just want to receive the value we paid for.

Attached Files:

2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    When the game has let me in to race without throwing 503's in my face the racing has been excellent since the patch, so yes there is more. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I've played games for more years than I care to mention, on PC and console. Patch day is the same for them all, normally a total nightmare.
    I've had days and days of unplayable gaming, from simple server overloads where people are downloading and patching, to full on cock ups like when an Eve Online patch deleted a bunch of players boot.ini files! rendering their whole PC's useless!
    Every player from every sim game will tell you how much better every other developer handles patch day, but it's no different.

iRacing deployed a new car to much fanfare a few weeks ago, promptly followed by hours and hours of no one being able to buy it because the website crashed, and it stopped everyone from playing.

I'm not a developer or software engineer, but patch day must be the worst. Something always stops working, or dissappears completely, no matter how much testing is done.

So, relax, chill out, watch a film or go for a walk. If it gets really bad, I'll even talk to the wife! And always hold that picture of the devs on the other end of the screen. They are way more stressed at this point than you !

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're a brave man. ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to sound so hateful, it is not intended or directed at anything/one, mostly frustration going from a game i didn't like, to one i could adjust to, to one i love. Now, tho, i can interact with the community, look at nice hi def pics of race cars but the only thing i can't do anymore is drive any of them. My r3e experience has taken on more of the look of the 503 error car, sitting still and smoke pouring from the hood. I guess I will just put my energy into either pc/ac/rf2/irace, well, ok, maybe not iracing etc. It's not the money spent, don't mind spending on what is a value, but any improvements that render a game useless is not an improvement in my book. No help/statements/direction is more of a deal breaker than a hundred bucks. Oh well, live and learn. and after considerable reflection, your right Matty, i could just talk to the wife. Or, .......:rolleyes:......Did you watch the dev stream? the first thing they said was the reason it was taking so long was to be sure it was perfect and no bugs after repeated testing and they decided to release it because it was good to go except it wasn't. My point is don't come out and make a big deal about how much time you spent to make sure it was right, then release it when it isn't. No big deal, the wife eh? I'll try r3e first a few more times but if no results, i may give that a go, thanks for the suggestion.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Like Matty implied, it wouldn't have gone live if it would have been like that in testing. Obviously sth broke on the way from internal to live, which is regrettable but also hard to avoid. But of course that doesn't mean that it'll stay that way. Give them time to find the causes and iron them out, and in a few days we'll be back at normal service and you'll have plenty of time to try the new stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shuffy

Shuffy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    A simple singer player offline mode would be helpful when things like this do happen .. i dont play online much as most of time servers crash

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes it would. On the other hand it would open the door for piracy f.e., and SimBin (the old one ;) ) had to suffer from that quite extensively in the past, so I can kinda understand their reluctancy to open those gates.
    But in general I agree, offline mode would be a vast improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    TBF Simbin operated in a PC marketspace that while not pre-dating Steam etc. was still rampant with piracy in a way I'd argue is not comparable to today.

There's plenty of reasons to have the dial home features etc Raceroom has, but does it really need it for every step of the menu etc? This patch is really highlighting the need to have another look at the system in place, much like a lot of other Sims have been/are doing recently.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Shuffy

Shuffy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    oh yeah them pirates ...[​IMG]

but the game is free and content would only be cracked however them guys generally leave free games alone, i would purchase the game just for an offline mode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. WindCh

WindCh New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just want to play before Macau Grand Prix :(

12. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    True that is, just ask Microsoft :p