Test drive before purchase vs what you actually end up with after purchase

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Azfalt Raser, 29. Dezember 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    So what happens when a car that you like suddenly becomes horrible after a patch? It's not the same car you tested before purchasing.

The initial Quattro iteration was "okay". It slid alot, but was controllable and sort of fun. But the historic novelty was overpowering.

The Quattro was better after updates.

The current Quattro, I would have never purchased.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure I see the point of the thread here. It doesnt really have much of anything to do with test driving a car.

All of the content in the game occasionally gets updates, this is just a fact of the game, and the genre in general. As time goes by, new methods of implementing physics are developed and a better understanding of how to reproduce the cars is used.

Sounds like the statement you are making is to never update anything once it releases because it will be different from the very first time someone could test it in the store. Because it may then not be to some persons liking.

Beyond that logic though, bugs/glitches do happen. This is unavoidable.

The Audi GTO issue has been reported, and is awaiting a resolution. Not sure why it hasnt been worked on yet, but there are a plethora of other issues that are being worked on. Since the patch where an issue was noted, the MP issues were an "all hands on deck" situation that ate a lot of the devs time, and pushed some things back.

So, this will be looked at, but I dont have an answer as to when. The premise of the thread though seems entirely unrelated.

3. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nate,

Im not sure I see the point of the thread here. It doesnt really have much of anything to do with test driving a car.
    Sure it does. If you test drive a car, you expect the car to drive that way after you get it into your inventory. Then a patch comes along and the car gets worse. Do I just ignore it, don't drive it, and hope a future patch is in the works? I'm all for making the cars better. But if a car or group of cars get worse, somehow I feel abit cheated since I won't want to drive that particular car or group of cars.

All of the content in the game occasionally gets updates, this is just a fact of the game, and the genre in general. As time goes by, new methods of implementing physics are developed and a better understanding of how to reproduce the cars is used.
    Stating the obvious.

ounds like the statement you are making is to never update anything once it releases because it will be different from the very first time someone could test it in the store. Because it may then not be to some persons liking.
    no, not at all. You're attributing your feelings towards my situation.

The Audi GTO issue has been reported, and is awaiting a resolution. Not sure why it hasnt been worked on yet, but there are a plethora of other issues that are being worked on. Since the patch where an issue was noted, the MP issues were an "all hands on deck" situation that ate a lot of the devs time, and pushed some things back.
    Ah - I misunderstood previous posts and the outcome then. I "thought" it was patched after the issues that were reported. My misunderstanding. And I guess my posts stem from the fact that I thought the car had been patched.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess both posts were more or less correct ;) The audi GTO recieved a patch for a bug that effected all 4WD-Cars. But there seems to be more wrong with the GTO which isn't fixed yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    The main problem for me with the audi is that the main setup is kinda odd. The car also needs a lot of patience to drive. Still like it though :) but you either love it or hate it thats for sure.

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This statement...

And then this statement...

Are a bit contradictory, no?

I fully understand testing out a car, and then buying it on the assumption that it will drive that way from then on. However, how can the game ever be updated or improved? To keep the same feeling and keep the car driving the same, that would mean the game could never be updated. Which is why I made that next comment.

I simply dont see how improvements to the game could ever be made if the content is supposed to remain the same from the moment it is released. Or am I misunderstanding? If something is released, how can it stay the same and also receive the improvements that the devs want to introduce?

For instance, 2 yrs ago all the content felt vastly different than much of it does now. The GTR3 class is one of the better examples of this. With so much development and work done to them, they feel vastly better than they did years ago. However, with the statement above that I find contradictory... how would these have ever been improved if they were meant to be the same now as the day they released?

See where my quandary lies?

Well, there have been a few bugs with it :p When the November patch released, 4WD cars became broken (all 4WD cars, not just the Audi GTO). A subsequent hotfix a few days later fixed this and allowed 4WD systems to function properly again. However, this hotfix then broke something else... which is how the car is currently. Some have speculated it has to do with the differential, but I am not certain. The devs simply have not gotten around to figuring out the issue and fixing it yet.

The problem right now with the GTO being different than how you tested it does not come down to the devs making any changes to the car. They did that months ago... last spring in fact :p Your complaint (and rightly so) comes down to a bug.

So, a bug is the cause of the issue. Not some planned change to the cars behavior.

And this is why I initially didnt see the point of the thread. Bugs are unplanned and often appear out of nowhere. Content simply cannot be 100% guaranteed to feel as it does when someone tests it when it is first released.

Cheers :)

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.056 / 0 / -0
    i agree with the main post but maybe not on the delivery of the message.

The car was fun at first. Then a first upgrade to the car made it sooooo good it was ridiculous.
    Then came the whole GTO group release and there was another re-work and it was ok but not like it was before that.
    I don't think its that bad to the point where i don't want to use it anymore but its definitely not that fun anymore.

I still hope it will come back to its former glory in Raceroom ... soon™

and oh while we are here complaining as usual. Ai still ramming damnit

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 29. Dezember 2016
  8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I will never not bring up that you're all driving the wrong car if you're not driving the Mustangs, ya know, the one who one the whole thing? :D

That said, Audi will be fixed and Nate has gone over in the detail. Still... MUSTANG! Also, will take this time to also bring up that I LOVE the test drive system and wish more sims had it, URD kinda has it with their mods and the free 'Vettes.

9. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    This statement...
    Sure it does. If you test drive a car, you expect the car to drive that way after you get it into your inventory. Then a patch comes along and the car gets worse. Do I just ignore it, don't drive it, and hope a future patch is in the works? I'm all for making the cars better. But if a car or group of cars get worse, somehow I feel abit cheated since I won't want to drive that particular car or group of cars.

And then this statement...

Stating the obvious.
    Are a bit contradictory, no?

I fully understand testing out a car, and then buying it on the assumption that it will drive that way from then on. However, how can the game ever be updated or improved? To keep the same feeling and keep the car driving the same, that would mean the game could never be updated. Which is why I made that next comment.

ounds like the statement you are making is to never update anything once it releases because it will be different from the very first time someone could test it in the store. Because it may then not be to some persons liking.
    no, not at all. You're attributing your feelings towards my situation.
    I simply dont see how improvements to the game could ever be made if the content is supposed to remain the same from the moment it is released. Or am I misunderstanding? If something is released, how can it stay the same and also receive the improvements that the devs want to introduce?

For instance, 2 yrs ago all the content felt vastly different than much of it does now. The GTR3 class is one of the better examples of this. With so much development and work done to them, they feel vastly better than they did years ago. However, with the statement above that I find contradictory... how would these have ever been improved if they were meant to be the same now as the day they released?

See where my quandary lies?

Ah - I misunderstood previous posts and the outcome then. I "thought" it was patched after the issues that were reported. My misunderstanding. And I guess my posts stem from the fact that I thought the car had been patched.
    Well, there have been a few bugs with it :p When the November patch released, 4WD cars became broken (all 4WD cars, not just the Audi GTO). A subsequent hotfix a few days later fixed this and allowed 4WD systems to function properly again. However, this hotfix then broke something else... which is how the car is currently. Some have speculated it has to do with the differential, but I am not certain. The devs simply have not gotten around to figuring out the issue and fixing it yet.

The problem right now with the GTO being different than how you tested it does not come down to the devs making any changes to the car. They did that months ago... last spring in fact :p Your complaint (and rightly so) comes down to a bug.

So, a bug is the cause of the issue. Not some planned change to the cars behavior.

And this is why I initially didnt see the point of the thread. Bugs are unplanned and often appear out of nowhere. Content simply cannot be 100% guaranteed to feel as it does when someone tests it when it is first released.

Cheers :)
    Not contradictory at all. If a car or group of cars becomes undriveable - as the Audi is - then I do feel disappointed.
    I expect development to move forward. Sometimes it doesn't work out to everyone's satisfaction. Everyone has a different perception of how the cars should feel, but when one or a group becomes so bad (now I know, due to the bug and not internal changes), that the car/s are undriveable - I can't express my opinion and ask a question?
    Either you are being completely serious or pushing the sarcasm button. And if you are being serious then I'm disappointed for you.