Problem The adaptive ai aren't adapting.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure to list this as a question or problem. To me it's a problem.

Since the last update, the adaptive ai don't seem to be adapting as well. Just to give you some back ground. If I'm driving a track and car combination for the first time. I'll go into practice mode until I'm getting some consistent lap times. Then try to stay very consistent like that for 20 or 30 minutes depending on the track length and lap times. Then go into single race mode and do a 1/2 hr practice then a qly session. Then exit and restart with just the race and random grid position. I would do all of that to prepare for championship races to keep it interesting. And was having some incredibly close and intense races that way.
    But since the last update the fastest adaptive ai are always about 1second a lap slower than me. Where before the lap times would very. Some cars would be faster than my prep times and some slower. And I would have to run almost prefer races to win.
    Don't know why this is happening.
    And I am wondering if anybody else has noticed a similar change?
    I've tried this with the rf2 gtr3 and p2 cars and it's always the same basic end result.

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure about practice mode. I was under the impression you have to do races and need to complete the race for the Ai to adjust

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes.
    No. ;)

Adaptation only works in race sessions, but you don't necessarily need to finish that session. If you do a longer session (30+ minutes) and quit that after you've done a couple laps (let's say 20 minutes) they should still adapt.

Here I described my usual proceeding which hasn't failed me to dial in the AI: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...because-of-crashing-ai.4557/page-3#post-60499

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    But either way you wont beable to dial in the AI right now as they are incredibly slow and useless in corners.

• Agree Agree x 1