The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - definitely a good point and very important... and not to forget - voting on reviews (helpful/not helpful)

I have already writen a review in english but would like to write another one in german. Unfortunatly i haven't found an option to do that... Is it possible in stream to write reviews in different languages?

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    We had a couple of conversations about this.
    To fix the bad reputation piece that some peoples are mentioning here and to get players count up, there is a few simple solution.

Get a new mode in ,, Maybe some sort of a random career system.
    Get the game out of Beta and call it version 1.0 or something.
    Get a proper Starter Pack for new user to purchase, ( The pack would include a single car from each series and a choice of a skin for the said car and include about 90% of the tracks that are available in game ) That way any new player who purchased the starter pack Would then be able join pretty much any Multiplayer online server.

I think that this would get a lot of peoples attentions.
    The reviews would have to change because anything prior to version 1.0 would be deemed invalid since they were written while in Beta.

The start of a new era !!! Soon™

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Great ideas MeMotS. I think that also shorter title for version 1.0 could do no harm. Race Room Racing Experience is way too long. I think Race Room would be enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    This game still suffers from a bad rep:- Case in point, a couple of weeks before I signed up here (so about mid March) I decided I was going to let my inner petrol head out and get into sim racing, so I googled "best racing sims", and I got to this review:- http://www.pcgamesn.com/10-best-racing-games-pc . As you'll see it recommends 'Race:Injection' highly, but is less than flattering about this game. The review is only a year old. After playing Race:Injection for a couple of weeks I thought, "Surely the people who made this can't have stuffed up as badly as it sounds", so I ended up here, and I'm glad I did.......BUT......the game didn't really work for me with any of the free cars, and not until I bought DTM '92 and a couple of tracks I had some idea of did I start to see the beauty of this game. Many will not be prepared to give the game as much of a chance as that.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have heard somewhere that they are thinking of adding some more low power user friendly cars for free and i agree raceroom needs it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    The very first post I made on this site was about that very subject.

7. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    You have to admit that it was disrespectful.

to me there's around 5 types of internet posts: (simplified of course)
    1) fawning fanboy tripe
    2) fawning, based on subjective views and personal preference
    3) neutral based on objective fact and logic
    4) faux neutral with veiled insults based on subjective views and personal preference
    5) aggressive insulting fanboy tripe

Far too much over at RD is type 4, the posts "seem" nice and polite, but read between the lines and you can clearly see an agenda. That agenda was apparent from the get go from many in the Anti SMS camp. Even to this day despite the complete FACT that the tyre physics was COMPLETELY rewritten, many still say it's based on Shift. It's ludicrious, yes the game obviously shares some DNA with the shift series but it's mainly cosmetic and style similarities (which is obvious because it's the same devs), but under the bonnet (pun intended) pCARS is almost a completely different animal.

Sadly what we see with R3 and pCARS those with an agenda can badly derail a damn good sim for their own purposes of promoting their preferred sim. Something which ironically pCARS players (especially WMD members) get accused of.

I regularly play pCARS, R3 and AC, and love them all (all have foibles and weaknesess), I defend those games from criticism. I do not play RF2, IRacing or GSCE, and I do not slag those games off to the benefit of my preferred games. I wish more in the sim community was like me.

8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Need to up vote those steam reviews as well

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    "Writing a review"

Yes, just thought about that now after nearly 1000 hrs of R3E I might be fit to write a decent review finally :D >>>next task on my priority list...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    "Race X" for Race Experience would be better.
    Why "room"?

• Like Like x 1
  11. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I have Project Cars on PS4.
    It works great if you don't pay attention to many small bugs.
    There is a configuration layer for controllers which is a nightmare.
    It kills the simulation idea because two persons with two different configurations will have to different experience of the game.

According to what i see from R3E, it seems to me that sound's engine is better and "Bathurst" looks better.
    I hope that it will work on my laptop in order to go deeper.

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Thats an easy one - the publisher is called RaceRoom... :) So Sector3 is the developing Studio and RaceRoom is the publisher...

[edit] Not sure if you know the publishers site: http://www.raceroom.com/ there you can find some infos about there activities...

13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Maybe Race R then?

• Like Like x 1
  14. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    its nice, how about Race15 or Apex Hunt or Green Flag

• Like Like x 1
  15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I like Apex Hunt.
    (my username totally doesn't make me bias.)

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    How about GTR3? :)

I'm actually half serious when I say that. Sector3/Simbin has a strong history and lots of respect in the sim racing community so dumping the old GTR/RACE name perhaps wasn't the best idea.

Raceroom may well be the publisher but it sounds poor as the name of the product and let's face it, Raceroom Racing Experience is too long-winded anyway.

I would seriously consider a rebrand with an accompanying change to the pricing and sales model as a way of giving R3E a fresh start. I think it needs it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    What about just "Race Experience"?

• Like Like x 3
  18. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Simple enough, haha.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    It harkens back to Race 07, it doesn't have to be Race 15, it's just "Race-Experience" Oh and S3S studios, I'll take my payment for the new name in the form of vRP :D:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    GTR3. As simple as that.

• Winner Winner x 5