Resolved There is something strange ...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Shivas FR, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Not in my Neighborhood (got the joke ? ^^) but in my steering wheel. A short vid to show you the problem (Bad quality, sorry for that)

As you can see, i lost the control of the car under braking, try to recover by turning the wheel to the left and after turning to the right. The problem is, as you can see, there is no movement between the first and the second action (first action turn to left, second action turn to right)

My question is, why ? it's clipping ?

That happen to me, not really often, but when this happen, My FFB meter it's in 95% of the case under the red line, that even happen when the green line on the FFB Meter is perfectly in the middle

I attach screen of my FFB parameters. My steering Wheel are an old Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR (not the elite), the Settings in the software are :

Wheel angle/sensitivity : 900
    Dampening : 0%

And the settings on the wheel are :

Sen : Off
    FF : 100
    Sho : 100
    dri : Off
    ABS : 100
    Lin : 0
    dea : 0
    Spr : Off
    dpr : Off
    ACL : Off

If somebody have an explanation/answer to this problem, i will be soooooo happy,

Thanks for reading

Attached Files:

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Clipping mens that your wheel is receiving stronger forces that it can recreate on FFB and it causes lose of detail. This looks like wheel lost connection for a moment. Could be something wrong with cable or USB port.

Although, I experienced something similar couple of days ago, when my DFGT stopped responding for a few seconds and after that everything was back to normal.

3. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Wheel plugged on a USB 3 port rear at the MB, with the original cable. And no sound while playing like an disconnect reconnect

4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    When I think about it now, I also can't remember hearing connect sound. So i could be something on RaceRoom side.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Since the on-screen wheel was turning to the right... I imagine this would have to mean that your wheel is working properly and it is correctly sending your inputs to the game.

What I imagine may be happening here, is just a simple unrecoverable slide.

At first you slightly turn to the left going into the corner to correct some oversteer, and then the car loses traction resulting in the car jumping to the left. By that point you turn your wheel to the right, but it looks like the car is already understeering badly and lost all traction, so your steering input has no effect.

I cant tell... but if you tapped the brakes at all during this crash, it probably locked the wheels too which caused the loss of traction and understeer.

So, I dont think anything is wrong with your wheel. These cars are just very difficult to drive, especially at Nordschleife. Very easy to lose control when you are braking into a corner, or lifting off the throttle going into a corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Its the Volvo, not your wheel. There are some setup trix in volvo thread, try them.
    Volvo is not easy car, when u loose it its gone.

7. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    The vid don't show all the situation these strange thing happen, that can also happen when accelerating in fast left right corner, So not a prob with braking or not

In my hands, it's really like the wheel lose info, stay locked to the left while i'm actually turn to the right and pop ! Wheel go the the right without any animation and action on the tire

8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    As nate said, probably lift off oversteer.
    You have to be really careful with those front wheel cars, when lifting of the throttle and braking. Especially on high speed corners.
    To get out of one you have to steer in the direction you want to go and full throttle to drag the car out of the slide.

Edit: Same thing if you turn fast left then right, you have to be smooth with those cars, or they will lose it.

9. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    The problem here it's not i have lose the control of the car (it's really obvious and i don't search advice for my bad driving skill), it's the no response of the wheel when he pass from the left position to the right in less than 0,000000000001 ms

10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I agree @Shivas FR something is wrong.
    @nate and @heppsan it doesn't look like a oversteer to me. Or?

Edit: hm... You are downshifting to 4th gear at a very high speed, that is like braking with the front tires.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  11. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually uploading a new short vid without any mistake and any uses of the brake in it, So you can really see what's happening to the wheel

12. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So now, as you can see, no mistake and no uses of the brake, just watch the wheel when i exit the right corner ( and also a better quality) Wheel pluged on another USB 3 port, still the same prob

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    It looks like loss of traction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Are you referring to the jerky wheel movement around the 0:14 second mark?

Before that, everything else looked normal in that video to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't see anything wrong here.
    Those cars also loose traction / spin / burnout quite easy, if that's what your feeling when you accelerate out of the turns?
    Can you try applying the throttle a bit more sensitive and see if that helps.

16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    That's how i understood it. Notice how wheel stops for fraction of second.
    To me this looks like signal lose.

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This is all that I can notice from the videos. And I think you are correct. Looks like there is a slight delay during a fraction of a second where the wheel just jumps to the next position.

Not sure what the cause of that would be though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Came back with a temporary fix, It's signal lose or data lose. I mean, the game don't send all the data to the wheel (or driver, you will see why i said that) or the wheel (or driver) don't receive all of the data.

My wheel have the latest driver and firmware, But, and it's interesting, if i put my wheel in PS3 mode, my computer detect it as a Logitech G25 (i have to uninstall the driver from my computer to turn my wheel in PS3 mode on it)

So i have the latest driver for the G25 on my computer, I haven't touch the setting of the software. I run R3E and load the default G25 profil, only made little change on the mapping, haven't touche the FFB parameters. So, for all of the FFB parameters (game and software) it's vanilla.

I have just done a full time lap at the Nordschleife 24H (that mean, one lap at the nurb and one normal lap) And i haven't see this problem happening.

It's seems to be a prob with the drivers because, only that have change, it's the same hardware, only the software part have change.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you are using the G25 which is what it sounds like... It could be that the sensor inside your wheel is going bad. It is quite an old wheel at this point (10+ yrs), and I know of wheels that are far newer that have had problems like this.

Im not saying that this is the absolute cause, but it could be the problem.

Maybe @D.Boon could take a look and chime in. I believe he has had this same issue with his G27 before.

20. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    My wheel is a Fanatec forza motorsport CSR, i can connect it on a computer, a 360 and a PS3. But if my computer don't have any driver for a Fanatec in it and if i tell my wheel to connect in PS3 mode, my computer think my CSR are a G25. So i don't think that can help him because i don't own a logitech G25, only these old Fanatec CSR

• Informative Informative x 1