There's a problem with the main store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morsify, Sep 29, 2022.

1. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    In case devs are not aware, it looks like something is wrong on the front store page.
    If I click on any of the headings on the grey tab (cars / tracks / packs / discounted items/ etc), then it works correctly and I am shown correctly discounted prices according to what I already own;

but if I click on any of the big 'advertiing windows' on that front page (Raceroom Packs / Raceroom Cars / Raceroom Tracks), I am taken to a Steam window where I am offered the items for full price (i.e. it doesn't appear to recognise that I am logged in).

This seems very misleading, and is surely not supposed to work this way?

Anyway, just thought I would mention it in case it's faulty.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm, it works like that for me too.

It's confusing but if you login in that Steam browser window the prices should be correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough, thanks, it does seem very misleading, and odd that I should have to log in to the Steam browser to correct some of the prices, when I'm already logged into the store in game & seeing correct prices on other parts of the same page. Oh well.

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Apparently, the browser in Steam's overlay is not the same browser the game uses (or the same copy). That's why you aren't logged in there. Maybe you can compare it with opening a new browser window and for whatever reason this new window is in incognito mode, so no logins are carried over to it. Confusing, but I wouldn't call it misleading because it would never lead you to paying more than you should. You can't pay without logging in, but when you do, the prices are correct.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  5. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough, but they may lose some sales as the discounts do not show till you log into the browser, so if a customer is not aware of this, some items look more expensive than they actually are.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I agree.