This is a real problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Feb 27, 2022.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I copied and pasted this from Ben Harrison`s Youtube channel.
    I completely agree with all of his opinions, but particularly about the disparity in skill levels in the 'rookie' servers"
    "Hey everyone - just a quick note on why there’s less RaceRoom on the channel just now. Unfortunately, there’s some persistent bugs going on in the game with tracking race positions, leading to lots of weird stuff in the HUD, race flags and radar. I’d probably be able to race around that, but the compounding thing is the new season structure, for now, seems to have led to far fewer well-populated grids outside of rookies, and the rookie grids have in my experience become more lethal, with the spread of skills racing meaning lapping very erratic traffic even in a 15 min race. I’m sure the devs will get on top of it and it’ll be back to its best soon. I’ll keep trying to get some decent races for you all, but in the meantime expect a bit more from other sims."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yup, why play the lottery with results risking not being recorded and there are also too many servers cannibalising the player base. Less choice is sometimes more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. willdj72

willdj72 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there have been some weird issues as of late. Some with my telemetry, crew chief, and sometimes it doesn't even show me in the race; just did one an hour ago and it showed me finishing 10th place and I won race lol

4. Chris Rogers

Chris Rogers Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I can’t disagree with any of the above. I too have always prioritised RaceRoom videos on my YouTube channel, but I have also had to start featuring other sims instead over the past month.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve still had some good races in RaceRoom. But with the HUD in such a mess, it really doesn’t make for a good video. It just looks pretty bad to have to keep telling the viewers you’re actually in 8th when the position on screen says your 5th.

In my last race I tried recording for a video (Audi @ Hockenheim on Saturday) the HUD didn’t even recognise I was on the grid. I was getting blue flags from the first lap onwards, had no idea what position I was in, or who I was battling with. Again… not great for a video presentation!

It’s good to see there’s an active thread on here reporting the bugs, and that the devs are investigating it. I’m sure they will have it sorted soon, and RaceRoom will be back to its best. But for now, my channel is reluctantly having to take a RaceRoom break too :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. willdj72

willdj72 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Chris, yes sir I hear ya the bugs have been wonky lately. Seems better today. Raceroom needs you as much as possible. You are hands down my favorite racing commentator. The entertainment value you bring to sim racing is unparalleled. You should be paid well for you do. Hope to have you back soon mate. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I've been telling this every time somebody made a claim Raceroom needs to make the effort on their part and expand on their ranked racing offer to attract more players and challenge ACC and iR.

Turned out to be completely false, unsurprisingly to yours truly. Your online offer is irrelevant if you don't have the critical mass of players that will make it work. S3 probably made an error of making one step ahead of their playerbase, and that broke ranked racing by spreading people too thin.

Errors and bugs don't make it easier to stay when ranked servers are more empty than usual and I'm really worried about what it could mean for the future of Raceroom.

But to end on a positive note, steamcharts numbers look pretty consistent across the last year or so, which is reassurring. And what Raceroom holds up their sleeve for the upcoming months is a mystery, but most likely a positive one. So I believe it's just a bump on the road, one like many we've experienced already. But yeah, it does need to be handled.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Rfactor 2 is back ahead of RRE and AMS2 in terms of active players since the UI update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but their increase is without any effect on Raceroom, so they haven't really taken any players away from here, but from other sims instead, or some dormant simracers. And it's going back to normal in the recent days, so I'd say it's your typical post-update craze that settles down after a while - something Raceroom saw when it temporarily unlocked its entire content, or to a lesser degree after the last year FFB update.

I'm more interested in consistent numbers than sudden spikes, as the former are more indicative of overall condition of the title IMO.

9. Qwikstreet

Qwikstreet Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully, this is resolved quickly and with greater improvements to the overall system. I have some faith in S3S. Luckily I only experienced the HUD issue once. Unfortunately, it was in a multi pit ranked race which makes it impossible to properly perform in.

As a side note to those who are outright bashing the game now and saying they are team iRacing now. That is fine and your choice but please realize that if you buy RR's full content, your cost barely matches just one year subscription with iRacing. This does not include a lot of cool content or a 2nd year to race. This is why iRacing is "superior" and quicker on turnaround time when it comes to fixing bugs. They have our financial backing to employ a very robust team. I have spent 4x the money (minus subscription fee) in iRacing than I could ever spend in Raceroom and I have many weeks in iRacing where I can't find a "non rookie" series to race in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Rogers

Chris Rogers Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Ahh thank you, that’s very kind of you to say. I’ll still try a couple of RaceRoom races and, if I get lucky with the HUD not being too much of a mess, will certainly get a video done. I tried on Saturday, but it looked really bad. Encouraging to hear things have been a bit more stable today… will keep my fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1