Thrustmaster T3PA brake not working in-game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ajopp1, Dec 17, 2020.

1. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

Yesterday I downloaded R3E for the first time and managed to get it up and running in VR, and everything else works apart from my T3PA brake pedal not being recognized by the game. I use the conical brake mod with a pretty stiff setting so I am guessing that may be the reason for it.

I haven't had time to try loosening the mod or reinstalling drivers yet (not sure if that would help since the brake pedal works in other sims - iRacing, AC, DR2). I plan to do it today, but in the meantime, has anyone experienced the same thing and knows a fix?

If the above fails, I plan to try DX Tweaks 2 (or whatever it's called from forcedynamics) and DiView.

Thanks for any tips.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Check in the Control Panel if the 'report as combined' option is enabled for the pedals. It shouldn't be necessary in simulators.

3. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Balrog, it was reported as separate (I was able to map throttle and clutch after all).

By the way, loosening the conical brake mod did help and I was then able to map the brake and assign an upper deadzone to my liking, so the brake is well calibrated. Now I need to address graphical fidelity issues in VR, but at least I know which thread to look at.

4. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    You come from iRacing ? maybe you use irFFB ? close it, causes a block in pedal control.