Too much grip on the grass?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von OlivierMDVY, 27. Februar 2018.

1. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I don't know if it is me but in my opinion the cars have too much grip on the grass: you can brake with two tyres on the grass without spinning...

• Agree Agree x 7
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 28. Februar 2018
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It is indeed to easy to correct when you’re off track. But the best solution to it is to just stay on the track. :p

On a serious note, that, and the damage physics (not visuals, but the fact you can crash with 200 km p/h + and still be able to continue your race most of the time) could use a good and well deserved overhaul. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    um yes I agree with this but I need it so im not going to say anything. lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, am I wrong or was that corrected a bit with the GT3-Physics-update? It's still quite stable but if you hit the grass while accelerating out of a corner it would lead into a spin more easily... in addition if you spin out on the gras it's more difficult to get back on the track again...

• Like Like x 1
  6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Hmm.... I've been driving on grass IRL and never had problems braking, I never spun either. I even sometimes drive with two wheels on the tarmac and two off, and I'm still alive. I think years of cars on ice physics made people think that's how it should be. I'm not saying r3e got it perfect but it's far from unrealistic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    We have to get an opinion coming from a racing driver IRL

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I think and happy medium between AC and R3E would be perfect as to my feeling AC has kind of overdone traction loss when you get off track.

@m.bohlken I think you’re right. Improved physics, weightshifting and if I recall it correctly the tyremodel is also updated.

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    I'd say they should fix the totally broken and unrealistic real life physics first...

Catching a drift while sliding onto the grass? Science, please... :rolleyes:

How much more slippery than driving on a wet track (which people keep asking for) should driving on dry grass be?

• Like Like x 3
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 1. März 2018
  10. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with yoori, I too been off on grass and even ice and IMO losing it offtrack in R3E.
    It is way to slippery as it is now in the game IMO, I mean even if you go off under 30 or above 100 the behavior of car is almost identical no matter what car you drive once your off you just slip and slide more or less always all the way to a rail guard it's very rare that you regain control before you hit something... That is just not right..

IRL there is a lot more traction on grass edges than the game have now.. A car that have a weight around 700Kg to 1000Kg or even more will dig some serious rips in a lawn even with slicks and it will be slippery yes but it won't be like aquaplaning.
    But since the offtrack in R3E behave like hard packed asphalt under ice... the result is most time the same once you lose it your on for the ride until it stops no matter how slow or fast you where going and that is getting old..
    Shore there is a difference on wet grass.. but yeah right we do not have wet grass and that is what it feels like when going off track, like you're on very hard packed wet grass/leaf covered asphalt or aquaplaning...

just saying :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    [Aussiemode]
    Ai mate. Ain’t no science mate. It’s them damn Ozzies. That’s the one and only explanation.
    [/Aussiemode]
    :p:D

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Best is to leave the grass grip level as it is :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    In the V8 Supercars clip there is no indication he is braking.

14. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree. I remember my first steps in simracing. I attended a league on rFactor 1. Megane Trophy, Bathrust. During qualification some guy ahead of me crashed into a wall in Skyline. Parts of his wreck were flying everywhere and somehow it happened I ran over a part of his spoiler. And poof, my front wheel turned into a flat one making me also crash. Well that was awesome, we really need a proper damage physics in R3E :p

• Agree Agree x 2