Track IR 5 not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by squibjb66, Dec 31, 2015.

1. squibjb66

squibjb66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Drivers,

Race Room does not seem to be detecting my TrackIR5 any more. It has been a while since I have used the sim. Even so I have kept all my drivers current.

I tried adding my PC specs but these forums think they are a sneaky URL link so thusly won't let me post the info.

2. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I also have a TIR5 but don't always use it for racing.
    But I can say that is works like a charm in R3E.
    Maybe you need to update the game profiles in the TIR5 software:
    Go to orb in left upper corner -> check game updates.

I don't think there is anything you can/need to configure in R3E.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. squibjb66

squibjb66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Apologies for late reply...went on vacation with my wife.

Thanks for the info rbn I will give that a try.

4. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    +Another confirmation here.

Did you perhaps update TrackIR to 5.3? I found 5.3 had some aberrant behaviour on Win 10 initially. (forgetting user settings/ignoring profiles etc )

When you run raceroom, alt-tab out to trackir to see what profile it's changed to and if it's working outside the game or not.You could also try setting the profile you use to exclusive.

5. squibjb66

squibjb66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's doing strange things, for example, shifting views results in the camera view going mad either "under" the terrain or 1000 feet in the air.

I did update my TrackIR5 but use Windows 7 home proffessional.

6. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    How does the driver software react? Is that steady?

Do you use a pro clip/cap clip?
    What is the distance from sensor to clip?

If the camera view is erratic it most likely can't track track the clip or a second light source is interfering.
    You can bump up the IR led strength or make the room darker.

7. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Is it tracking normally outside of Race Room in the TrackIR app, before you start Race Room?

If no, check your TrackIR setup like rbn suggets. Crazy camera can indeed be interference.

But if the tracking in the app is fine:

Have you created a custom profile for RR that you select before starting RR? Or do you use the default profile?
    • If you are not using a custom profile, alt-tab back to the TrackIR app and check that tracking is still working in the TrackIR app.
    • If you use a custom profile - When the camera goes mad - alt-tab back to the TrackIR app and check that tracking is still working in the TrackIR app and that your profile is still selected and hasn't reverted to 'default'. If it's reverted to default, select your custom profile again and tick the "exclusive" box.
    You could also try starting from scratch and uninstalling TrackIR 5 making sure to delete the TrackIR folder:
    C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint
    Then reinstall TrackIR5.

(If you have custom profiles you want to keep back up the contents of the profiles folder)
    C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles

For Race Room, try verifying the game cache in Steam.

8. squibjb66

squibjb66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is acting normal outside Race Room. I admit I have been busy the last couple weeks so I am slow on my troubleshooting. I am playing catch up with these emails.

I have the hat clip.

I will dedicate some time tomorow to getting my PC specs into my profile if they are not already there and to go "in game" and gather more info on the problem.

9. smarteyeball

smarteyeball New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No rush - there's no time limit :)